20 Week Appt. Today – What to expect?

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@MadTownGirl:  Blood and pee tests.  Blood pressure and weight.  Measure the belly and US to measure the baby (make sure they know you’re team green so they don’t accidentally spoil the surprise.) 

Post # 4
11668 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Good luck! You’ll definitely get to see your little one even though you aren’t finding out the gender.  I’m really not sure what else happens – only 10 weeks. I do know that gestational diabetes is usually tested for around 24-28 weeks I believe.

Post # 6
2184 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011 - Florida Aquarium

It depends if this is your sonogram appointment or your 20 week appointment with your OB… though I suppose they could be one in the same. At the sonogram, yes, we saw our little girl.  The tech takes tons of measurements for the doctor to ensure your little one is growing on track. I had to move all around to get her to move her head from behind my hipbone. I didn’t have any blood work done at my OB appointment, and I have to tinkle at each OB appointment, so that isn’t new. This is the first appointment that she’ll measure your uterus– that’s sort of cool.  Like PP said, the gestatational diabetes test in done around 24-28 weeks.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors