(Closed) 20 weeks pregnant and can't eat….

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
4804 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I would see your doctor about it – maybe you need some kind of medication to counteract nausea.  In the meantime maybe you can drink some nutrients – make popsicles out of juice or eat some chicken broth?

Post # 4
2263 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@soon2bmrs.D:  yup I’ve heard of it. I’ve had severe morning sickness since week 9 but had it before then too (22 weeks this weekend). I’d check in with your doctor about it. For me nothing worked until I was put on phenergan (an antihistamine which also works wonderfully for nausea ) – also I’ve heard Zofran works well but it didn’t do much for me. I’m sorry you’re feeling so ill! D: I’ve been there and know how god-awful that is! Without my prescription I’d be incapacitated all day! 

Post # 5
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@SimplyChic11:  I agree that you should see your doctor about medication – Zofran worked wonders for me, I don’t think I would have kept down anything I ate during the first four months of my pregnancy without it. Even now at six months I still vomit if I forget to take it for a few days.

Post # 7
2263 posts
Buzzing bee

I’ve heard of it happening, also at the very end after being fine for weeks. I do think it’s normal. :/

Post # 8
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I had trouble eating for a while towards the end of first trimester and the start of the second – aside from morning sickness.  I had low blood pressure/volume at that point.  When I ate blood would go to my stomach making my blood pressure drop further and I would get really dizzy and nauseated.  My doctor didn’t do anything for it but it didn’t last very long.   

Post # 9
2263 posts
Buzzing bee

You doing alright? Just checking in. Thinking of you! Hope you’re feeling better by now. 

Post # 10
355 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Are you taking your vitamin in the morning or at night?  I found I was nauseous when I took it in the am, but if I take it before I go to bed, I’m perfectly fine throughout the day.

Post # 11
1401 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I ended up getting prescribed Zofran by my doc because I was so nauseas that I couldn’t even think about eating. That helped a lot. Maybe talking to your doc will help.

The topic ‘20 weeks pregnant and can't eat….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors