(Closed) 200 days?!? When will you be ready?

posted 5 years ago in October 2013
Post # 3
3779 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@alotlikelove:  You have plenty of time! I’m 8 days after you!! I try to focus on everything I HAVE done along with what I have yet to do. That way it’s not quite so overwhelming.

I still have to decide on a DJ (I’m stuck between two and it’s not an easy decision), but I have ALL of the other deposits put down already (venue, photographer, flowers).

I just ordered our Save the Date magnets and made an Excel spreadsheet of the guest list to keep track of addresses and RSVPs. 

What all do you have left to do?

Post # 4
739 posts
Busy bee

@alotlikelove:  Date twin!! Yayyy I can’t believe there is only 200 days left to go! I have a lot done, but there is still PLENTY left to do. I’m sure once you can spend more time focusing on wedding related things, your to-do list will quickly diminish. I know that I go through spurts of wedding planning.. a whole week where I accomplish nothing, and then the following week I get tons and tons done. You’ll get to where you need to be!! 🙂

Post # 5
911 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - The Down Town Club, Philadelphia

Since we will be flying out to Philly a week before the wedding, I’m going to try my best to have every wedding related task done three weeks before. So, two weeks before we leave home. 

My list is definetly getting smaller, but I still have a fair amount of things to do.

200 (well, 192 for me!) does NOT seem like enough time!

Just imagine how we will feel at the 100 day mark!

Post # 6
134 posts
Blushing bee

I feel the same way! It seems like there’s still so much to do and not enough checked off the list.  I am still struggling to figure out flowers and centerpieces, so I have been putting off meeting with a florist until I have a better idea of what I actually want! :/ Once I get the checked off the list, I will for sure feel a lot better! I have most of the big things out of the way, like church, venue, dress, photographer, DJ, BM dresses, STDs, honeymoon, and cake…now to just work on everything else! LOL 

Don’t stress too much- it will all come together! Like starz, I also go through spurts! You will get there and it will be great- plus you are getting married on an awesome day! 🙂

Post # 7
2352 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’ve been trying to plan stuff for so long but theres still soooo much time between now and then. I know ppl say it will go by fast it will go by fast. Uh I’ve been engaged over a year now and I’m ready to start finalizing things! But theres so much we can’t finalize because we don’t know how many ppl r coming. We can’t set a budget for flowers, food, cake, favors, decor or activities yet (its a destination). My dress still won’t be in for 5 months so its hard to accessorize. Basically all I can do MORE research and plan ‘ideas’. I’m ready to be ready NOW!

The topic ‘200 days?!? When will you be ready?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors