$2.00 each to ship invites?!?!

posted 3 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
8419 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

@JessSeny:  If you’re going to ship them as parcels, you could always look into UPS or FedEx.  If you need to save money you could hand deliver a few of them (I know this isn’t “etiquette compliant,” but I think most people won’t care).  Do you have a pic of your invites?  Do they fit in a regular envelope?

Post # 4
6200 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

@JessSeny:  where do you live?? Mine didn’t bend like that either, and they agreed to send them as oversized envelopes (still $1.15 but much better than 2).  Tell them you want them marked as Non machineable envelopes, they shouldn’t be charged as parcels.

If you in northern jersey, I suggest you go to the Wyckoff post office, the guy who works there is the one who trains all the other people for the area. 

Post # 5
1140 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

i agree look into non machinable enevlopes! It cost us more to send the invites than the actual invites did :/

Post # 8
3084 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Man that’s so crazy. I guess it’s something that needs to be looked into when ordering invites.

Post # 10
4513 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Ours were $2.20 a piece to ship. We did mailerbox invites though, which are invitations that are in small boxes. It was a pain, but we are having a small wedding so it didn’t deter us from going that route. That would be a lot if you’re having a larger wedding though.

Post # 11
3084 posts
Sugar bee

@JessSeny:  Yea, I would be too. I’m looking at invites next week and I have in mind what I want, but I’m kind of nervous now. I don’t want them to look cheap either. So difficult. What kind did you get?

Post # 13
3084 posts
Sugar bee

@JessSeny:  It sounds cute. I love the trifold invitations. I think they are so nice. Do you have a theme for your wedding?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors