(Closed) $200 veil at shop vs $30 veil from Etsy – thoughts?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

i swear veils are just a circular piece of tulle. i bought a $30 veil and it worked just fine! i really don’t think that you can tell the quality in a a veil except for how it’s bound at the top. mine was bound to a plastic comb but you can’t see it because it hides in your hair. save your money!

Post # 4
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I don’t think there’s a difference in the quality of fabric either.  Bridal illusion is basically the same thing at whatever price point.  Real silk is very expensive and not that common.  Those $300 veils are often bridal illusion.  I plan on buying mine on eBay.  My sister in law made hers for about $9 and nobody would know the difference if she spent $200.  Afterwards she gave it to her neices to play dress up.  I say buy a cheap veil and nice shoes.  Wink

Post # 5
3614 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Nope, no difference. Bridal stores typically mark them up like 500%, they probably make more money on accessories than dresses.

Post # 6
14503 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I got my french silk tulle veil for a fraction that I could find it anywhere else at glamgal.com.  She is great and can custom anything you want.  I got all my hair jewelry from her also and it is so much better than I expected.  I had been looking for a particular style of veil, a french silk tulle drop veil, and she was the only one who could get me exactly what I wanted and I spend over a month calling, emailing, and online searching for what I wanted.  If you don’t see what you want, tell her and she can prob do it for you.

Post # 7
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

some veils are made of silk, but not at the $200 price point so the fabrics would be the same. go for the etsy veil — you’re only going to be wearing it for an hour!

Post # 8
2239 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I bought my veil on ebay. The only difference I notice is the comb is plastic…But like someone else said, you won’t see the comb anyway.

Post # 9
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

It always does depend on what type of veil you want – a veil with lace will probably cost more (although there too it depends on the quality of the lace). If you’re looking for something simple, I’d say to go for the 30 dollar one! I am totally sure no one will tell the difference

Post # 10
713 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

i totally got a $30 veil from etsy and it was perfect..

Post # 11
7976 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Agreed! I got my veil on etsy for $16 (birdcage) and it fit/flattered better than any I tried on in stores for $200+

Post # 12
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I got mine at a re-sale shop for $60 and it has crystals sown on it.  I would look at the re-sale shops.  You probably know someone that could make a veil for you, if you feel that you can’t do it.  Etsy is a great place too.  I bought my birdcage veil there.  For $6 I got a yard of Russian netting, I’m going to sew it onto some combs.

Post # 13
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

i obught a $30 dollar veil and love it! just as much as the $200 dollar ones in the bridal shops….i mean im only wearing it for the ceremony anyway- no need to spend the extra bucks

Post # 14
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I found one I loved where I bought my dress and it was $365. I ended up buying one one Etsy from the veil lady for $35 and it looked fantastic. Go for it!

Post # 15
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I had a $200 veil and I really wish that I had just gone with a much cheaper one. I only wore the veil for like 4 pics and the ceremony so probably a total of 30 minutes and then I left it in the bus my bm’s and I rode to the ceremony in. =( I didn’t want a veil and only got one because my mom insisted I did and I still feel guilty about forgetting it in the bus because of how much it cost.

Post # 16
3620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I got my veil on Etsy – the seller was brendasbridalveils, and she had a great selection!

The topic ‘$200 veil at shop vs $30 veil from Etsy – thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors