(Closed) 2008 brides, where are you now?

posted 8 years ago in Married Life
Post # 3
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2008 - Imperia Hotel (modern chic hotel)

Lots of change since the wedding. I started a new graphic design job last october that I love. Mr.Flamingo recently finished school as a nurse and started working full time. So that extra income is reallllll nice.

We purchased our first home and moving in 5 days!!!

I gained weight… but so has Mr.F
Once were done with the moving… im gonna concentrate on shedding a few pounds.

As for everything else… think thats about it. we are waiting to have kids. Gonna enjoy the new house and our marriage (since the last year wasn’t very newlywed-ish)

Post # 4
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2008

Our biggest change is that we no longer live together.  I’m still in graduate school, my husband finished his intern year and moved on to residency so he moved away.  So, we have a few years living apart, which DEFINiTELY means no children or buying a house or any of those things people expect from newlyweds!

I did lose 25 pounds the first year of marriage, but I’ve gained 8 of it back now that my husband moved away, which I CANNOT figure out, since now I’m working out every morning at 5am and eating so much less since he’s not around! 

Post # 5
801 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

We started an exercise routine that we do together, we added a second dog to the family, and we are officially trying to conceive.  It’s been a great first year.

Post # 6
429 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2008

I got surprise pregnant and our baby is due a couple weeks before our first anniversary… we both started new jobs… we’ve gone through several changes in terms of where we’re going to live next year, and now we’re looking at being with my in-laws while my husband (hopefully!) goes to graduate school and I stay home to take care of the baby and my MIL (just diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma). It’s been a crazy year, but being married is so worth it. 🙂

Post # 7
631 posts
Busy bee

Things have stayed pretty much the same for us!  I start a new job in two months, and I’ve gained about 10 pounds (ARGH!).  (But he’s probably gained 10-15 too.)  But things are awesome!  I love being married!  🙂 

The topic ‘2008 brides, where are you now?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors