(Closed) 2010 Baby Names

posted 7 years ago in Babies
  • poll: If you had a baby born in 2010: is you're child's first name (or variation) on the Baby Center list?
    Yes - the exact name in on the 2010 list : (14 votes)
    37 %
    Yes - a variation in on the 2010 list (ex. Aden, Aiden, Ayden) : (4 votes)
    11 %
    No - the name isn't on the list : (19 votes)
    50 %
    Other - please describe : (1 votes)
    3 %
  • Post # 3
    5399 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

One of the names we’re considering is in the top 20.  It kind of bums be out, but we didn’t realize that when agreeing we liked the name. 

Post # 4
    801 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2008

All of the names we are considering are on the list.  We never looked at websites or name books when picking but we both like very classic names so it isn’t too surprising.  Unfortunate, but not surprising.

Post # 5
    447 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2009

Our daughter’s name isn’t on the list at all, and I didn’t expect it to be.

Post # 6
    927 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

our sons name is in the top 30 but where we live at its not common at all. i really like his name and think it fits him well

Post # 7
    2008 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2009

Damn.  We’re not TTC for at least a year or two but I have some favorite family names and I think every single one is on the list, with all but a couple in the top 20 or so.  Not cool.  Oh well.  We’ll pretend that means my family is awesome at naming and since I got those genes I’ll find something cool by the time we get to making babies…  How’s that for reaching for a silver lining?  Undecided

Post # 8
    7771 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

We chose an old fashioned name, popular in Norway in the 1920s 🙂

Post # 9
    971 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2008

Our boys have Dutch names and our daughter has a name that isn’t remotely popular.  There are no other kids with our kids first names in the school that our two older kids attend.  

Adding that our name picks for another child (should we decide to have one) aren’t on the list, either! 

Post # 10
    1883 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

Our name for our (almost born) daughter isn’t on the list. It took me a while to figure out a name though because I’ve had Lily or Mia in my brain for the past ten years. And I’ve LOVED the name Aiden since high school (which for me ended in 1995!)

Post # 11
    631 posts
    Busy bee

We are considering two names on the list, but neither are in the top 50…

Post # 12
    375 posts
    Helper bee

My little one was born in 2008 and her exact name is on the list.  I know her name is pretty popular but Madison’s name came about in a very special way and we wouldn’t change it for the world.  She goes by Madi, however. 

I know this post is for 2010 names but I thought I’d chime in anyway.  🙂

Post # 13
    1246 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

yay the girls name i think i have picked out (Lucia) isnt on there!

Post # 14
    1986 posts
    Buzzing bee

I don’t have any kids born in 2010 but one of my girls is on the list (not the top 10 though!)

Post # 15
    1253 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

My daughter’s name is one the list (Addyson), but I have yet to meet anyone who has her name, young or old. My son’s name isn’t on the list at all (Boston)

Post # 16
    870 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2011

I would have been shocked to see my son’s name! lol. We picked it specifically so he wouldn’t meet anyone with his name and the girl name we are thinking about for our future daughter is the same way. There are a lot on there that we liked but we didn’t want anything common.

The topic ‘2010 Baby Names’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors