(Closed) 2010 Brides

posted 9 years ago in April 2010
Post # 3
1042 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Heh, I feel you! I’m going dress shopping this week, but I’m sooo not ready to buy anything yet. I have over a year left! Venue is booked for both reception and ceremony, going up for a site visit and tasting in June. I change my mind about invitations every single day and it drives my MOHs crazy 😛

Post # 5
3526 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Honestly, technically speaking we have nada done yet. And I’m okay with it because we’ve only been officially engaged all of two months. And the wedding isn’t local to where we are living, which makes it hard to book anything. I refuse to put any money down before seeing/meeting/tasting anything. In fact we knocked off a venue that I liked very much from what I’ve read via reviews and pictures of past weddings I’ve seen because they do not to tastings before booking them. And then only 4 months before your wedding. That does not sit well with us. We both want to make sure WE think the food is good before we put any money down.

That being said I have a very clear idea in my head of what I want. I would say blogs and in particular WB have allowed me to find images of what I had in my head so I can better covney it to others. And WB -especially regular members- have tweaked some of my ideas to make them better and more cost efficient!

I’m going dress shopping tomorrow for the 2nd time w/MOH and hope to find my dress! Supposingly they carry Jim Hjelm; cross your fingers for me!

Guest list 85% done. Venues have been narrowed to top 3 and we will be visiting them all Mother’s Day Weekend so we hope to have a place booked by end of May. Tastings with Caterers and bakers/cakesters will also happen then. We will also be meeting with a photographer that bearing unforeseen circumstances we will most likely book.

Wedding Website is 75% done -waiting for final bookings- unless I figure out how to make a kick a$$ website like Miss Gloss!!! Invitation first drafts are done on my computer. SaveTheDate are FI’s baby but he knows his deadline. 🙂

This summer (so I’m testing out my bouquets in the same kind of August heat) I’ll be doing mockups of our bouquets. I think I just decided that I won’t be using flowers in our centerpieces.

Yeesh. Long post! In summary, clear idea, too much time left to fully execute certain things. And not being there sucks!

Good Luck to all you other 2010 brides! Can’t wait to plan more with you and bounce ideas back and forth!!

Post # 6
818 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I totally understand what you’re saying about being glad you have enough time, but also wishing it were here! I am so ready to marry FI, but there is a lot to do before then.

Post # 8
209 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

It’s funny, some of you guys have so much done (rock on to you!), so I feel super behind.  But then when I bring some stuff up to FI, he gets that look on his face that says "Why on Earth are we talking about this now, we have over a year!"  Luckily, we have our ceremony and reception venue booked, and have identified an officiant and a likely DJ.  I’m trying to settle on wedding colors so I can start drafting save-the-dates.  I like playing online looking at invites and centerpieces, but it will be awhile before I actually pick anything out.

Another thing I’m doing now is checking out photographers and pricing to see who’s work I really like vs what I can actually afford

I am SO not ready to pick out dresses yet.  I would love to lose ten pounds before the wedding, and want to lose at least five before going dress shopping (trying to lose some of the weight I gained after an injury).

Post # 10
522 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

We’ve booked our venue and the photographers.  I’ll start dress shopping in June, and buy it in June, because that’s when my mother will be here visiting me.  I have no clue when we’ll do everything else…not for a while.  My save-the-dates will go out in August or September for out-of-state guests.  That’s it.  I’m so excited for the planning, but I feel like it’s too early for anything else.

Post # 11
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

We have our reception site, DJ, caterer, minister, and are in the process of booking our photographer.  I find that I have soooo many ideas about decorations, invites, etc., but I haven’t purchased anything yet.  I want to do a lot of DIY projects, so I’m hoping to get a start on them this summer.  I want to lose weight before I get my dress, so I’m holding off until the fall to start shopping.  Yeah for 2010!

Post # 12
16 posts
Newbee

I’m right there with you ladies!  We have our ceremony venue and reception venue (catering included) officially booked.  We have identified our photographer, DJ, and officiant… will sign contracts soon.  Other than those, we haven’t done a thing! 

Does anyone else get the weird glances when you’re asked, "So, when’s the wedding?" and you say, "___, 2010"  I’m always defending ourselves by saying that we had to book a year ahead of time because the venue is in such high demand!  Not everyone can plan a wedding in 6 months due to finances or availability!!

Post # 14
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m not until Sept. 2010 but we have the reception and church booked.

Everything else is, well, "I KNOW what I want but I have plenty of time to figure it out!"

I know what I’d like for a wedding gown, photographer, favors, centerpieces, etc. but then theres tons of other things I’m not sure about. I just love reading everyone else’s ideas and finding some to adapt as my own.

Here’s a question: Are you saying "Twenty Ten" or "Two Thousand Ten" or "Two Thousan and Ten"?  Not even wedding-wise, just like, what do we call the rest of the years? lol

Post # 15
522 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@D.Marie;  My STDs will most likely be magnets because my family really likes those and has a tendency to lose anything else.  As almost 100% of our guests are coming from other states, I’m working on a really detailed wedding website so that the web address will be on the STDs.  It’ll have lots of ideas and recommendations about things to do and helpful hints for planning Colorado vacations.  I hear you about first getting engaged!  It was overwhelming with all the ideas that were swimming around in my head.  We knew we were going to have 18 months to plan, so in order to freak FI out less, I made a binder and starting writing things down and taping down magazine clippings so that when the time comes, I have those ideas there.

The topic ‘2010 Brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors