(Closed) 2010 Vermont Brides

posted 8 years ago in Vermont
Post # 3
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Hi there!

I’m getting married in Grafton (which is Southern VT) on Oct. 16, 2010.  I would love recommendations for hair and make-up!  And if anyone knows of an amazing DJ, let me know!

Post # 5
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’m a Vermont bride, getting married at the end of August, and trying to find a good photographer and florist. The ceremony is actually in Claremont, NH at the Orthodox Church but the reception will be at my house in the Upper Valley. There are two florists in Claremont, so we will probably be able to use one of them. I think we’ll use Blood’s Catering and Tents for the tent, and perhaps Maple Street Catering for the food (we’re doing all hor d’ourves).

Any suggestions on good Upper Valley photographers? We’re looking for someone who takes good pictures, rather than someone who makes good enhancements. My fiance is a realist painter and very picky about visual art. But from what I’ve seen, it may be hard to get a good photographer without paying an arm and a leg…. ($3000 for my favorite guy so far; way too much.)

Post # 6
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010 - Catholic Ceremony, Cultural Hall Reception

Hi Ladies!

I just wanted to join the conversation.  I am not getting married in Vermont, but am new to the area, and wanted to say “hi”!

Post # 8
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Hi everyone!  I am a 2011 bride hoping to get some great ideas from the 2010ers!  I have been looking online for ceremony/reception locations, but have not had much luck.   Money is definitely an object, which explains why i am struggling.  that and the fact i am trying to plan a VT wedding from Colorado.  Any/all suggestions are appreciated!!  Any unique venue ideas? tips on questions to ask when talking with the venue coordinators? THANK YOU!!

Post # 10
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Thanks, R2B!  That actually makes perfect sense.  We are definitely aiming somewhere in the middle of fancy destination wedding and local penny pinching.  In terms of location…keeping all options open at this point.  I checked out some places near Ludlow/Okemo that i liked.  J (fiance) is from Sharon/S. Royalton, but for the most part guests will be out of towners so they will be traveling regardless (i might be underestimating the size of the state).  I have only been looking online; if it has “mountain inn” in the title i have probably checked it out.  We like the idea of a B&B if we can have the wedding outside.  i think it would be a little too cozy inside. 

Your MOH sounds amazing!! 

Post # 12
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m planning a September 2011 wedding in Vermont (at the Basin Harbor Club) from Colorado. 

I would LOVE recommendations for:

(1) a wedding band;

(2) photographer

(3) ON SITE hair and makeup.

Thanks much!

The topic ‘2010 Vermont Brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors