(Closed) 2011 brides – super prepared, SUPER early?

posted 8 years ago in August 2011
Post # 3
7976 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I’m hoping for late Jan/early Feb 2011, and I’ve got about 30% in my head. It’d be more if I were able to do more than just online… I’m planning to cement a LOT when I’m Stateside this winter.

Post # 4
4385 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i am right there with you! you might be interested in this thread:

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/any-2011-brides

we have our venue, church, and photographer, and i just recently bought my dress! i have been planning with my mom with regards to flowers (diy), centerpieces (diy) and i have been constantly thinking about paper! i even bought some craft supplies so i could try out a few things.

i also feel like we could be having this wedding much much earlier… lol

Post # 5
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

I feel you on this! We’re actually planning for 2012 – feels so far away, but I can’t resist planning anyway. Which is a good thing, because the Newberry Library in Chicago, one of my favorite venues, books up 1 1/2 to 2 years early. 

I get a lot of people asking why we don’t push up the date, but no one asking why I’m planning early – I think everyone who knows us has just assumed we’d get married for a long time now since we’ve been together for a little over five years. 

Post # 6
1371 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

People laugh at me for being extra on top of things and we’re getting married in August!  If it makes you comfortable and happy, that’s the most important thing.  I love being organized and getting stuff out of the way.  Good on you!

Post # 8
348 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I am so there with you! My wedding is April 2011. We are having a destination wedding in Jamaica. I pushed it back a yr to allow our guest to save up for their airfare and hotel and allow us ample to save up because we are paying for everything. My FMIL (future monster in law) laughs every time we talk about the wedding and the plans weve made so far. We are going next April to look at the resort and meet with the wedding coordinator. We have already picked out our colors/theme (black and cream vintage wedding) and we have our hearts set on the ancient ruins from the 1800’s sugar plantation that is on the resort. I have 3 dresses on my list to try out and my bridesmaids dresses have already been picked. MY FMIL scofs everytime we mention it.

The way I see it, I AM GETTING MARRIED and no one or their words will get in my way πŸ™‚

I work full time, go to school full time, new homeowner, and training for a marathon, i am way to busy to wait to the last minute because someone has something to say πŸ™‚

Keep on planning girl, dont let them stop you!! πŸ™‚

Post # 9
472 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Next weekend we’re going to visit three possible venues and are brining our checkbook just in case.  A year and a half goes by quick and I hate feeling rushed so a long engagement works for us.  We already have our photographer picked and plan on sending her a check as soon as we book the venue and solidify the date. 

Post # 10
2404 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

i get alot of people asking why we don’t push up the date and “what are you waiting for!!” kind of comments but i try not to let that bug me. We are waiting because its smarter for us financially and i have my heart set for a fall wedding. (some venues we are looking at are already booked completely for fall 2010! )

so far we are still researching/ checking out venues. nothing booked, but I am researching/collecting inspiration and love time to get ideas! My goal is to nail down the date / book the venue by January, and then go from there.

keep planning!! us early-planning brides can have lots of choices and 2010 prices! cheers.

Post # 12
681 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

I am not a 2011 bride but I will have been engaged for 16 months before getting married in March of next year. While I didn’t have a whole two years, I will say that I think you will be very happy with all of the time you have. You can get plenty of inspiration, experiment with DIY, book fabulous vendors that are in your budget, and just enjoy being engaged. It’s also great if you are the type that has a specific something in mind (shoes, jewelry, etc.) because you actually have the time to hunt down what you are envisioning. I am so thankful that we have been able to pay for a little bit as we go rather than making deposits and final payments within a couple of months of one another. Congratulations on your engagement and happy planning!

Post # 13
599 posts
Busy bee

I am a Dec 2011 bride. Started planning early and am glad I did. I already have our venue booked and am close to our caterer.

Post # 14
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I am so glad that there are other people in the same position!!! I thought I was crazy. We got engaged on 10/3/09 and a week later we booked our venue for 6/3/11. We didn’t even look at other places, just the one and we are both reallyyyy excited!!

We have the Church booked, a DJ, and a florist. I have a color palette that I love and have found a dress that I think might be ‘the one’.

Anyways my advice is not to let what other people say bother you. You are doing what is best for you, and there is nothing wrong with being proactive or “God forbid” letting people know you actually have made decisions about what you want for your own wedding!!! PLAN ON!!

Post # 15
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Do not listen to those who are laughing..this is your time, enjoy every minute of it.  How many times do you get engaged in your lifetime (hopefully once)?  It is amazing to have something so wonderful to look foward to and the longer the better.  I too am getting married June 2011 and have about 50% of it planned.  Trust me there are so many details that getting the big stuff out of the way, like booking vendors and venues is only half the battle.  We have time for details and logistics planning at a comfortable pace which will hopefully make it less stressful and more enjoyable.

In the words of Betz1128 Plan On! Enjoy it!  Let ’em scoff’!

Post # 16
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011 - The Tribute Golf Club

Our engagement will be 25 months by the time we get married, and I’ve been planning here and there since we got engaged in march ’09.  I don’t think there is anything wrong with being on top of things, and being able to lock in cheaper prices for a wedding that’s in 2011 is an added bonus! Happy Planning!!

The topic ‘2011 brides – super prepared, SUPER early?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors