(Closed) 2012 Brides… do you have all your checks done?

posted 7 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
3012 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I have my venue.  It covers the ceremony, reception, food, drinks, and cake.  We will meet with the inn later for food tasting.  Also will meet up with the baker to go over the cake details.

We are planning to meet the photographer as soon as possible.  Just waiting to hear back on something before I make an appointment.  

Other than that, the next I’ll do is the dress shopping.  I’m trying to wait until October/November.  It’s getting harder and harder to do.  So I keep myself busy with work.  😉

I’m also hoping to rule out the use of a DJ by paying someone we know who does that stuff as a side job. 

I just really need to focus on buying things for DIY projects and such.

Post # 5
4355 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I am a month before you and I feel so behind already!! We have our venue, church and photographer booked but that’s it! I gotta get moving lol.

Post # 7
4355 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@couawilou: We are not getting married downtown actually, we are east of the city. I just put Toronto because it’s closest major city. Our photog is from Toronto though, they are Little Blue Lemon Photography.

Post # 8
755 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’m in March, and I cannot believe how close it is!! I got engaged in October, and all I kept hearing was, “you have sooo much time” so I’ve been twiddling my thumbs and NOW look at me!

I have the photographer, I just bought both of my dresses and my veil, I have started paying for the wedding planner.  And we bought our wedding invitations.

What’s left to do?!

Venue.

Food.

Liquor.

Tuxes/BM Dresses

His Wedding Band.

DJ (which I think we have figured out but need to solidify)

Limo (again with almost figured out)

Decorations

And so much more….. O:

Post # 11
1046 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Mine is in April and I have our photographer booked, the reception/ceremony venue booked (kind of, it’s my family’s ranch so that doesn’t really count!) my dress, my invitations are done but not printed yet, and everything else is little DiY projects that I get to work on myself in my downtime. We aren’t getting a caterer, a planner, or a band.  One of our groomsmen is a professional wedding DJ so he is bringing all his equipment and just letting music run (no requests- so he gets to enjoy the party too!)

Post # 12
609 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

We have the following things taken care of:

Church

Reception

Food/Bar

Cake

I’m still trying to decide on a photographer by the end of next week. From the looks of it, I feel like a slacker…you guys are on a roll!

Post # 13
609 posts
Busy bee

Oops, I just realized this post was for Oct. brides. *tip-toes out quietly*

Post # 15
609 posts
Busy bee

@couawilou: Yay, I get to stay!!! LOL!

Post # 16
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m in May, and have:

reception/decorations

photographer

flowers

Rentals (chairs)

Ceremony site

We also have our wedding bands picked out, my BM’s have picked out their dresses, I am dress shopping next weekend! We also know what we are going to do for our centerpieces/bombinere but have no purchased the stuff yet! Also still have to think about honeymoon, transportation (if any) and what groom&men are going to wear!

I feel like it’s so long away still….Iwe’ve been engaged since September 2010!!

The topic ‘2012 Brides… do you have all your checks done?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors