• Wedding: August 2010

WO!

When’d you move to 2012??

I’m not on here enough anymore. 🙁

Post # 4
1306 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’ve done nothing.  NOTHING. lol.  First we need to plan a cultural engagement party with both of our families.  I am furiously looking at photographers though.

Post # 5
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

YAY! more 2012 brides!

So far I have booked the church and started gathering all of my invitation stuff. I’m DIYing my invites, so when I get coupons for Archiver’s I get a thing or two (and saving a butt load of cash!).  We have looked at 3 reception locations as well.

Right now we are planning our engagement party which is in early August. I don’t know how I’m going to wait so long!

On a side note, if one more person says to me “2012?! Well at least you have lots of time to plan!” one more time, I’m going to scream!

Post # 6
487 posts
Helper bee

@ILuvDance17: Haha, I know how you feel, I swear, 2 years isn’t a long time to plan considering some places fill up that far in advance!!! I just smile, nod, and think if you only knew how much work planning a wedding (especially with so many diy aspects) was you’d change your tune!!

We are planning our engagement party for 3 weeks from now 🙂

Got engagement pictures done.

We are going to visit some venues next week.

Oh, and we bought our wedding bands (had to take advantage of our “merry money” from JBR!!!)

Other than that…just bookmarking all the amazing ideas that other bees have had.

Post # 7
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’m getting so impatient waiting until 2012- ack! I have so many ideas buzzing around in my head about what I’d like to do. It gets a little hard sometimes, but I know it’ll be worth it. 🙂

Post # 8
135 posts
Blushing bee

I have all my vendors/plans picked out…just not booked yet! Yikes! Y’all are making me nervous! I should probably book the venue soon, because it’s in Atlanta, and it’d prob book faster than some place here in Alabama. But…what do I do about numbers? Like I dunno how many will for sure come because it’s out of town, and sadly…it’s Football season. (And yes, in the South…people will seriously ditch out on weddings to watch a game) 😐 seriously…

Post # 9
135 posts
Blushing bee

you know what’s funny? we’re not even engaged yet (been dating for 8 years) but he wants to go ahead and book the venue and all. i mean neither of us have any doubts about getting engaged/married…just waiting on a ring! lol.

anyway…what ab yall? tell me all ab your plans and yourself! 🙂

Post # 10
438 posts
Helper bee

My master plan is to have the church decorated in white and ivory and the reception colors will be dark purple, gold, and ivory.  I want the BMs to wear dark purple dresses and carry white flowers.  I’m thinking about having all of the reception flowers be fall colors…haven’t decided on that yet.

Post # 11
135 posts
Blushing bee

that would be pretty! i like those colors

on a side note- do you dance? i grew up dancing and danced for 12 years. 🙂 saw your pointe shoes in your pic and just thought i’d ask 🙂

Post # 12
438 posts
Helper bee

Yep! I danced for about 20 years. I danced at a studio for 18 years then danced on my college dance team for 2 years.  Since I just graduated I guess I’m a retired dancer!

Post # 13
487 posts
Helper bee

We are planning a fall wedding with an outdoor ceremony and an indoor/perhaps tent reception.  We have narrowed down our venues to either rustic barns, wineries, or scenic overlooks.  We have not decided on our colors yet but I did buy my dress. Its monique lhuillier scarlet.  I didn’t plan on buying the dress yet but since it is an older dress I didn’t want to take the chance that it would be discontinued!

Any of you 2012 brides buy or try on dresses yet??

[attachment=1058425,131659] [attachment=1058425,131660]

Post # 14
487 posts
Helper bee

Bad lighting, and too big of dress, but you get the idea…this is the first time posting pictures of the dress ahhh such a weird feeling!!!!

Post # 15
438 posts
Helper bee

I LOVE the back of the dress!! I want to go dress shopping, but I’m afraid I will get weird looks when they ask when the wedding is!

Post # 16
487 posts
Helper bee

@ILuvDance17:Thank you!…umm…we are DATE TWINS!!!! I didn’t really receive any dirty looks, after I explained that we are saving up for our wedding so that we can do it right (not that there is a wrong way to do a wedding), most people were really supportive.

The topic ‘2012 Brides’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors