(Closed) 2012 brides…when are you buying your dress?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
  • poll: When should I go dress shopping?
    March (one year out) : (15 votes)
    54 %
    Wait until the Fall dresses come out (June) : (13 votes)
    46 %
  • Post # 3
    4755 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

Where’s the option for ALREADY! Hahaha Mine is May 2012, and I’ve already ordered, paid, tried it on, and took it home.

Post # 4
    3148 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I’m not shopping till summer! : )

Post # 5
    96 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I ordered my dress on January 22 and I just got confirmation that it will be in on or around May 27 if that gives you a good timeframe….

Post # 6
    5892 posts
    Bee Keeper

we are hoping for july 2012, and i’m thinking of getting dress in jan 2012

Post # 7
    2192 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

I didn’t vote cause my option would be Summer this year. My wedding is May 2012.

Post # 8
    2714 posts
    Sugar bee

If you’re really worried about dress regret I would wait until June. You will still have plenty of time to get your dress in before your wedding. I’m getting married in June 2012 and I’m not even thinking about wedding dresses yet.

Post # 9
    399 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

Ordered and it’s already in! 🙂 The place I bought it at stores it, so it’s not in my possession, but I’m in LOVE with it and have absolutely no regrets.

Post # 10
    3866 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

I’m ordering mine from FrockFollies (over in the UK) but it’s not a “Traditional” gown.  More fantasy-ish, which is what we soooo want.  I’ve got a vintage gown that will be altered for photos, but I’m NOT wearing it for the wedding.  (It was a gift and since I’ve got it, I at least want to have it for some good photos, lol).

If you know you’ll be looking at gowns in June, you’d be better off waiting.  That way, there won’t be ANY regrets!  

Post # 11
    358 posts
    Helper bee

I am also aiming for a July 2012 date. I am tempted to shop now, but I know I will just keep obsessing and looking at gowns for months to follow. So I think you should wait until you get one more season to choose from. 9 mos is plenty of time…even if there is a delay or something.

Post # 12
    5892 posts
    Bee Keeper

@prncss47: do you think january is too late for july 2012?  im trying to lose a substantial amount of weight

Post # 13
    277 posts
    Helper bee

There needs to be another option. Already ordered mine. 😉

Post # 14
    6256 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: March 2014

My wedding is May 19, 2012. I bought my dress last August.

EDIT: …and it’s still not here. Might keep that in mind if you’re planning on waiting for the fall dresses. If I was having to scramble to get alterations done for a March 2011 wedding, I’d be in a world of hurt.

Post # 15
    1844 posts
    Buzzing bee

My wedding is in June 2012. I have found a dress that I absolutely, positively love (it’s a Maggie Sottero). I am worried that they will discontinue the dress. I haven’t officially gone and tried any on yet, but I’m thinking about going for the first time in between March and June.

Post # 16
    2402 posts
    Buzzing bee

Our wedding date is August 24 2012, and I won’t be shopping for the dress until around spring time. I know how indecisive I am, so I don’t want to start too early!

The topic ‘2012 brides…when are you buying your dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors