11273 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

interesting.  thanks for sharing.

Post # 4
374 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I totally agree about the halo trend!  I would also have added sapphire rings with diamond halo (like Kate Middleton’s ring).  I’ve seen a lot of them this year!

Post # 6
909 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I originally wanted one of the halo style with the hidden sapphires underneath from the vera wang collection at zales. I got a beautiful antique setting to go with my antique diamond (his great-grandma’s) instead 🙂 Trendy but beautiful!

Post # 7
6360 posts
Bee Keeper

hehe, the MSN article leaves me wondering what was not trending in 2012. Seriously, what type of ring did they not mention there? *scratches head*

The “best of both whirls” pun was cute, though.

Ladies, any thoughts as to which trends have just about peaked, and which ones are going to gain momentum and take off for 2013+?

Post # 8
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Halos have been really popular for the last 10 years or so. I think they’ll always be around, but won’t be as trendy as they are now. I predict rose gold will be the next big thing. I’ve started to see yellow gold making a come back as well. 

Post # 9
3001 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@joya_aspera:  Haha It does pretty much include everything. Every lady is therefore trendy lol

I think the silver toned metals are climbing towards the peak but aren’t quite there yet. Its still what most stores offer so it obviously isn’t unpopular.

Post # 11
4956 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’ve also seen yellow gold coming back more and more.

Post # 12
1267 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

I agree that in 2013 we will start seeing less white metals. I like white metals, but I’m allergic to white gold (I can only wear WG rings once in awhile or my finger will swell and I get an itchy red circle on my finger) and I feel like white metals have become the standard. I asked DH for yellow or rose gold for the diamond ring he’s having designed for me (he chose the RG).

On that note, I think mixed metal sets and rings, especially rose/white gold combos, will be trendy in 2013. I’d like to see fancy shaped diamonds (other than princess, which is popular already) become more of a trend, but I think the round brilliant isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Post # 13
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

@NoneForGretchenWeiners:  random, but I love your user name! “Four for you, Glen Coco. You go Glen Coco!” 🙂

Post # 14
7468 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

I think rose gold will be the thing next year.

Post # 15
4755 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I like all of the trends except halos. I really dislike halos.

Post # 16
8473 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

And everybody always gets mad when we say halos are trendy… Wink

The topic ‘2012 diamond engagement ring trends’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors