(Closed) 2012??!!??!! Rant!!

posted 7 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Instead of saying May 2012, why don’t you just ask for the price/quote for May 2011. If they say they are booked for that month, THEN tell them you are trying to get an idea for May, but your wedding isn’t until 2012. Prices shouldn’t change too much between years, but you still get the information that you need. Then in January when the 2012 booking is open you’re all ready.

Post # 4
5093 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

I find it a bit strange, too.  We JUST started contacting vendors, but I find it really strange that they all have their 2010 prices still up on their websites, but they don’t have anything about 2012.  Really?  There are only a few weeks left of 2010, and I’m sure they’ve already booked everything for the year that they’re going to book.  I’m looking at things for January 2012, though, and that’s just barely over a year away!  Give me the information I need!

Post # 5
2714 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Yeah I had the same problem with some vendors. Most of them were very happy to work with me though, so when I came across someone who wasn’t booking or wouldn’t even give me a price list just because I am getting married in 2012 I crossed them off my list and moved on to the next one!

Have hope! I have booked my venue AND DJ already and am currently meeting with photographers. There are people out there who will meet with you!

Post # 6
6248 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 1900

@MsRMTiffany:  I recently went to a bridal show.  When vendors asked for my wedding date and I replied “2012” some of them didn’t even want to talk to me.  It wasn’t a large bridal expo, so it wasn’t like there were any other brides waiting to talk to these vendors who might have weddings coming up sooner.  I used TinyTina‘s strategy… if the vendors didn’t want to bother with me because my wedding date isn’t until 2012, then I just crossed them off the list.  They won’t be getting any business from me!  🙂

Post # 7
6598 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

Explain that you are trying to create a budget by getting ideas of what things cost for my May 2012 wedding. I did this at just over a year out and people responded very kindly. I found that vendors were more eager to give me a quick quote (which is all I wanted) instead of wanting to do a consultation with me when they new I was just enquiring.

Post # 8
1927 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@MsRMTiffany: She laughed at you?? She would be off my list and depending on what kind of mood I was in I might have tried to email her boss and tell them what their employees are doing. That is ridiculous.

Post # 9
188 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

When I first got engaged we were looking at Sept 2011, and this was in May of this year, and people looked at me like I was nuts.  Forget about it when we decided April of 2012.  But I found a venue I LOVED, and who was super accomidating.  We ended up booking it of course.  Same with our church, when we met with the priest and told him the date he closed he calandar book like “eh, it’s so far away, whatever!” 

Post # 10
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I agree LetsGoPens – doesn’t sound like anyone you would be wanting to be doing ANY business with.  I’m not sure what state/country you are in, but so many ecomonys are hurting and people are losing their businesses.  IMO, this lady should have been thrilled that you called and want another customer and it doesn’t matter when you’re getting married.  A GOOD salesperson & company would already know this.  They got you on the phone, that is the hardest part.  They would want to keep you. Besides, you could’ve even referred her (since so much of the wedding industry is based on that) and a bride in a bind or a future bride could’ve used them.  Again, that place smells of bad business!  Ok, off my soap box 🙂

Post # 11
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

We’re getting married in March 2012, and surprisingly I have not run into any problems!  I’ve heard this from quite a few brides, however.  Honestly, if they’re going to laugh at you when you tell them your date, you probably shouldn’t consider them for your wedding.  They should be doing anything they can to get your business!  The photographers I met with actually book at the current prices, regardless of when your wedding is, which is nice.  Some people I talked to (mostly venues) said that the prices may go up after 2011, but it wouldn’t be so significant that it would ruin our budget.  My advice, just be patient, and keep looking for vendors who want your business.  Meanwhile, if you really want prices (even on the vendors you already contact and may have laughed at you) call them with a fake name or something and tell them your wedding is in 2011, like many other bees suggested.  At least you’ll get an approximate cost.  Good luck!

The topic ‘2012??!!??!! Rant!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors