(Closed) 2012 – what do you believe?

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: Is there world going to end in 2012?
    yes - the Mayans knew what they were talking about : (3 votes)
    2 %
    no - its a bunch of hootenanny : (106 votes)
    85 %
    I dont know what to think! : (16 votes)
    13 %
  • Post # 3
    296 posts
    Helper bee

Put me in the ‘hootenanny’ camp, lol. 

Post # 4
    6394 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

Hootenanny, but it still freaks me out!

Post # 5
    755 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

hmpph.. I thought it was 12/21/12  But I’m completely in the hootenanny category so I don’t care either way. Haha

Post # 6
    3012 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I don’t believe that it’ll be end of the world.  I don’t think we’d be that “lucky”, I guess you could say.  I do believe that there will be major changes in our every day life though.  But maybe that’s a biased belief because of just watching everything that is going on now.  I just think we’re in for something major.  Not catastrophic though.

Post # 7
    3012 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@crh1729: I think it as well, but they also said it could happen on 12/23/2012.

I always get comments on how I’m getting married two months before the end.  I just roll my eyes.

Post # 8
    5273 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: October 2009

It is a little erie considering the accuracy of the mayan calendar.

But do I really think this is it? No. But, I do plan on doing something super duper awesome at midnight that night just in case, haha!  

Post # 9
    1003 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

The Mayan calender only ends on that date because it was based on star charts,and the stars have changed spots in the sky since they made it thousands of years ago.  

All they said was “changes” are going to happen in december of 2012. Changes could mean it will start raining chocolate. Meh, not much we can do about it so I don’t worry.

Post # 9
    1543 posts
    Bumble bee

Hootenanny here, too.

Totally unrelated, ummm, is this in ‘names’ on purpose, or am I missing something?

Post # 10
    3176 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

No I don’t think so, BUT with all these crazy weather conditions and natural disasters we’ve been having lately it does make me wonder…

Post # 11
    11327 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

@crh1729: i think you’re right. 

also, I love the word “hootenanny” heh. I definitely do not think the world is going to end on that day. 🙂

Post # 12
    1087 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I don’t believe the world will end based on any humans religion or culture first and foremost.

From what I have heard it is not suppose to mean the total end. Its just a recycle to their first phase. It just happens the cycle we are in now is the very last.

I think they have 7 cycles of the earth and based on my Discovery Channel knowledge this is why the global warming and things are happening. The earth is changing unto a new cycle.

Post # 14
    5670 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2010

I refuse to believe it! I just got married and bought a house and havent even started TTC yet. I have way too much to do lol

The topic ‘2012 – what do you believe?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors