(Closed) 2012 winter honeymoons!

posted 7 years ago in January 2012
Post # 3
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

We’re getting married on February 4, 2012 but its winter 2012 so I figure that it works πŸ™‚ We are going to Disney World! FI and I are Disney fans and we have’t been there in year so we decided to go.  We live in Pennsylvania so Florida will be sooo nice in the winter. Its going to be so nice to get away from the cold and snow for a week! 

Post # 5
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

haha. I’m just as excited for the honeymoon too! I joke to FI that I don’t know which I am more excited for – getting married or going to Disney.  haha. He knows I’m only kidding. 

Post # 7
866 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

We want absolutely nothing to do with a warm weather honeymoon — we chose winter because we love it, and we’re traveling to a location that’s even colder and snowier than our wedding location. We’ll be skiing, snowshoeing, ice-climbing, winter ziplining, sleigh-riding, tubing… and sipping mulled cider by the fireplace, of course!

A number of people have questioned us, but then, they’re the ones that don’t accept a beautiful winter wedding either. We’re a four-seasons-couple (New Englanders through and through) and are SO excited to enjoy a luxurious and adventurous winter honeymoon.

Post # 9
299 posts
Helper bee

We’re hoping to go to a snow resort in Utah.  I saw pictures of it, and it looked awesome – these super cozy beds and fireplaces in each room.  We want to snow shoe and play in the snow and enjoy it!

Post # 10
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

We live in Texas so it wont be too horribly cold here when we get married 1/21/2012 but we are going to Oahu, Hi YAYAYAYAY I am so excited!  I really at this point really just want to go on my honeymoon and am not really worried about the wedding, lol.

Post # 13
21 posts
Newbee

@JanuraryGirl80:I am Jan 21 too!  We just booked the most amazing trip to Argentina since it will be summer there.  We are going through a travel agent which I have never done before, but she set us up with an amazing itinterary of wine tastings, days trips to historic sites, hiking in the Andes and tango lessons!!  Work is so crazy right now, I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to 2 weeks of relaxing and drinking lots of wine!

Post # 14
417 posts
Helper bee

Were still deciding if we want to do a ski resort somewhere… or go on a cruise.  We have been wanting to go on a cruise since we have gotten together but then we had a baby and it made things difficult.  So well see… guess we need to decide soon though!

Post # 15
29 posts
Newbee

We are doing 24 days in Australia and New Zealand

Post # 16
206 posts
Helper bee

we are doing sandals Montego Bay in Jamaica πŸ™‚

I can’t wait to lay out on the beach all week and come back with a beautiful January tan πŸ™‚

The topic ‘2012 winter honeymoons!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors