(Closed) 2013 brides? Anyone started planning yet?

posted 7 years ago in January 2013
Post # 3
1529 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

i was a 2013 bride then it got pushed back to the first part of 2014. I do have almost every detail planned out, yet have not purchased anything. I wish i had waited because it is killing me, knowing what i want.

Post # 5
1529 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

i know how you feel, i have been engaged almost a year and feel like i have nothing to show for it. i had my heart set on jan.19th 2013 then we had to bump it back a year bc Fi wont be done with school in time ugh. i am so afraid that what i have feel inlove with will be “out” when my time finally comes

Post # 6
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

just became a 2013 he he he literraly liek a few minutes ago have ideas but nothing set at all 

Post # 7
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Im getting married Jan 2013 and Im trying to start a guest list and budget plan, but the groom thinks that a wedding can be planned in a month, lol silly men. I am so ready to plan this wedding, I love planning things anyways, I even go look at apartments two months before me lease is up.

Post # 8
1089 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I am booking my Venue on Monday! and getting my dress monday too! I am stoked!

I have the rough draft of my guest list made up and other that that still in the figuring stuff out stages.

Post # 9
21 posts
Newbee

I’m a June 2013 bride πŸ˜€

We have the church and the reception venue booked already and we’re in the process of sorting out a caterers and a photographer too πŸ™‚

We are in the mind set of getting things done sooner rather than later so the run up to the wedding is nice and relaxed and we aren’t running around sorting out things last minute.

Post # 10
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I got engaged on Christmas eve and are planning the wedding for August or September of 2013…dont have the exact date set yet! I have been doing lots of researching and planning since I have a lot of extra time at work to just browse the internet . So I have many ideas and thoughts in my head, but nothing set in stone just yet. As soon as we choose a date I want to go look at venues!

Post # 11
14 posts
Newbee

I’m a January bride as well we are getting married on January 4th or 6th of 2013!!! We haven’t set the date yet but we will have that figured out by the 31st! We are scouting locations for the reception and have to decide between two venues…exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time!

Post # 12
54 posts
Worker bee

I also got engaged on Christmas!  We have a date set, the ceremony site booked, and are looking at reception venues this weekend :).  We already have a DJ and a Photographer since I work with someone who owns their own DJ company and have friends who are professional photographers.  I’ve also already gotten in touch with a couple florists/decor companies that I have heard are good, so I feel pretty much set with the big stuff- I can worry about details later!

The weird thing is that when I first joined Wedding Bee, I was a “Waiting Bee” and put October 26, 2013 as my not-yet-planned “wedding date” in my profile.  And guess what?  It is now my real wedding date– totally on accident!! I thought that was pretty funny :).

Post # 13
270 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

we got engaged in August and I’ve got nothing. we don’t even have a budget yet because there just hasn’t been a good time to talk to fi parents (lots of family stuff going on there). i can’t find a venue i like that i consider affordable. to make matters worse, fi uncle was engaged a month after us (that’s a vent in and of itself…), and they’ve already set a 2012 date, booked the ceremony site, booked reception site (which is another vent, seeing as how that was the only place on my list of maybes i liked), ppicked out invites, bought the dress, picked bridesmaids attire and so on ansd so forth…makes me feel entirely inadequate and a slacker.

Post # 14
31 posts
Newbee

We got engaged on October 9, 2011 and I have almost everything at this point! πŸ™‚ I am a preplanner to the max. Alread put the deposit on the venue, bought a ton of stuff for the wedding and am now into the DIY stuff (brooch bouquets, petal runner, a hanging crystal cake stand and frosted designs on my votives in burgundy.) Bought the Save the Dates, picked the bridesmaids dresses and what I thought was my dress but am now planning a trip to AA to try on a dress that I saw on a fellow bee and fell in love with. FI thinks I’m crazy for getting everything now but he will LOVE me when I am not stressed about it all at the time of the wedding! πŸ™‚

Post # 15
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

im getting married in october 2013 and because of some planning prior to getting engaged, i now have my venues booked for both ceremony and reception πŸ˜€ i bought a trial dress online at fashion lande dot com in order to see if i need to spend big bucks on a dress or can get away with a cheaper version. i am having a garden casual vintage wedding… xox.

Post # 16
432 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

We have almost everything planned, but we haven’t picked a venue so we have nothing booked πŸ˜›

The topic ‘2013 brides? Anyone started planning yet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors