(Closed) 2013 OR 2014 – That is the queastion ????

posted 6 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

No matter what you do there will be someone that is not happy with the decision!!!  I myself am from the UK live in the USA and we have decided to marry in a Scottish castle!!! Is everyone happy….NOOOOOOO lol… the truth is my Fiance and I ARE HAPPY and that is really what matters in your decision… we went around for months trying to make the decision of where and when to suit others and not ourselves….,

We are having the wedding next Sept we think at this point to allow people from the USA to afford to come…. but at the end of the day – it is really about YOU and what you want to do not about others..

Good luck 🙂

Post # 4
4352 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@Desertspider:  Would you get married in march either way? As a bride with a 2 year 3 month engagement, I can tell you I’ve spent the first 10 months itching to get stuff done and I can’t really start that much yet. (We’re about the book the venue and we are still a year and a half out and I bought my dress but thats it.) If you are going to go nuts not being able to plan I would do the earlier date. But if you want a more relaxed engagement and want to be able to space out the decisions and have more time to save I would do the longer engagement. For most guests in most situations a year is plenty of time to plan to attend a Destination Wedding. If they are planning on going the extra year probably won’t make a huge difference budgetwise for most guests. (This is what I’ve been told.) It will make a big difference having a year long engagement vs a 3 month engagement. So as long as you’re not planning a several month engagement you should be fine.

The topic ‘2013 OR 2014 – That is the queastion ????’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors