12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I’m an August 2014 Bride!

Post # 4
1565 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m pretty sure I’ll be in August 2014 as well :)!

Post # 5
807 posts
Busy bee

Im joining the August 2014 brigade 🙂

Post # 6
11 posts
Newbee

Im am also an august 2014 Bride! YAYYYY! I have finally found the ladies who will have a long 2 years of being consumed with all things wedding just like I! 

Post # 7
127 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@Caizn:  I am going to be an August 2014th bride. I cant wait. We were suppose to be married 2013 so I already have my dress and half the stuff for our wedding. But I got a huge surprise and we are expecting baby #3 in March so we decided to wait to get married. Happy Planning =)

Post # 8
41 posts
Newbee

woooo 2014!!!! I think it’s going to come up so quickly!

We’re thinking August 16th 2014 – so friggin’ excited!!

Post # 9
11 posts
Newbee

@Han1985:  We are thinking  August 30, 2014. Most of my family gets together during the holiday weekend anyhow! So why not celebrate together!! Like you I am so much more excited now that I know my date. 

Post # 10
207 posts
Helper bee

I’m an August 2nd bride. Have to wait till I finish up grad school. I’ll fit in plenty of time for planning though! So far we’ve booked the venue, church, and photographer. I think we can take a little break now… Any wedding ideas/colors/etc.? It’s more exciting knowing there are other August 2014 brides out there!

Post # 11
41 posts
Newbee

I’m so excited I haven’t been able to stop thinking about what I want lol. I know the kinda things I want but I no doubt they’ll change over the next two years!

I’m from the UK living in Canada with my Canadian FI – we’re having the actual wedding in the UK (wheels in motion with the chuch to get that booked – just waiting for the vicar to check the legalities of marrying a foreigner :-P). After the ceremony we’re going to have a small reception, just dinner in a local place – we know where that is going to be too. For all my FIs family/friends that can’t make England we’re having a big party style reception in Toronto – we already have the venue for that pretty much decided too lol.

I know who my bridesmaids are going to be but they’re spread out all over the place so I think I’m just going to pick a range of colours like neutrals/pastels and tell them to choose whatever syle and colour they like. 

I’m kinda glad we’re not getting married till 2014. That way I get to enjoy this excitement for as long as possible!!!

Post # 12
15 posts
Newbee

Yay how exciting I found a group getting married around the same time as me! Im getting married Aug 1, 2014. So far we’ve booked our venue and have our florist.

Vent: Does anyone else get told that the wedding is too far away? I’m annoyed at the negative comments I’ve gotten about my super long engagement. I got engaged August of 2011.

Post # 13
1565 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@082014bride:  I’m pretty sure Aug 1 2014 is my date as well! I love the first of the month! Yea, it annoyes me when I get long engagement comments.  I mean it’s not like we will never get married lol we are 22 and I have just applied to nursing school so I definitely have my reasons for not rushing the wedding. Plus, we get to enjoyed being engaged longer! haha Laughing

Post # 14
224 posts
Helper bee

I am also an August ’14 bride! We are planning on August 30th in Seattle! So excited! I am in graduate school, working, and having to save for a large wedding, a long engagement is the way to go!

Post # 15
11 posts
Newbee

@082014bride:  I sometimes get annoyed by the comments  “Why are you thinking about this now” “Oh, you have plenty of time. Do it later”. It seems like people really like saying it lately, especially since I dont have a ring yet; so people say we aren’t “officially” engaged so we should just wait. We havent told people we do have the ring, because its really not their business, but I wont get it until it is completely paid off (I have a personal thing against wearing debt on my finger), and once its paid off he asks my father for my hand in marriage (if we didnt stick with tradition both of our fathers would freak). 

With both of us working, saving for the wedding, in school, and trying to move to the same city; it seems like we do have to do things “too early” because we know the few times that we will have breaks to travel hours away to our wedding location to pick out the venue, food, florists, etc. So the only thing we have decided on so far is the venue, photographer, and day of coordinator.

Other than that, I really ignore what everyone has to say. 

Post # 16
11 posts
Newbee

@dsanchez:  Aug 30th! Is my day as well. I love that it is a holiday weeked to give people plenty of time to relax and travel. 

The topic ‘2014’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors