2014, 15 and 16 dates to avoid or at least consider when setting a date.

posted 3 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
1154 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

@MrsBrown13:  Mine’s January 17, 2015, and honestly the fact that many people will have friday or monday off is helping guests plan because they’re all from out of town and they will only likely have to miss one day of work instead of two or so.  

Post # 4
2675 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Madison, WI

A friend of mine was married on 9/10/11..does make it easy to remember her anniversary. I bet 12/13/14 could be pretty popular as well since it is a Saturday.

Post # 6
525 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

The ides of March is a great day for me – it is my birthday!

I know that my friend has picked a very inconvenient day for many – she has scheduled her wedding to be right between the last day of college classes and exam week when most of her guests are in college. It is one of those things where you are asking guests to put their education at risk to attend your wedding!

Post # 7
9949 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

It’s always so hard to remember when the Fourth of July is.  

Post # 8
2661 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

@MrsBrown13:  We had to take Easter into consideration. I wanted April 4 because it’s the closest Saturday to our current anniversary (April 2), but Easter is on 4/5 sooo we went for the next weekend. 4/4 is a cool date, but so is 4/11…4/11/15, 4+11=15.

I like the idea of 12/13/14, but my birthday is on 12/17, and then Christmas is shortly after…my poor FI already has to do double gift duty, can you imagine having our anniversary right before then as well? lol jk….I just want to spread our wedding out further from my birthday and the holidays.

Post # 10
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Make sure you also check any local festival dates near your venue – I was married in a town an hour away – venue had an open Saturday in June -YAY- then (luckily) my wedding planner said, ummm, you know that town haa a Giant NASCAR weekend then, there will be crazy traffic and zero hotel space. Yikes! I changed the date of course 🙂

Post # 11
8680 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

We picked halloween.. totally not worried about anyone showing up in costume.

Post # 12
1646 posts
Bumble bee

We picked OctoBer 4, 2014 after our first date of November 1, 2014 would be a bit unpredictable weather-wise. I also love thE way 10.04.14 looks! 

Post # 13
1109 posts
Bumble bee

Our wedding date is March 14th, 2015. It’s Pi Day. (: 3.1415 get it? It’s our ‘half’ anniversary, so it is still somewhat special to us.

Post # 14
28 posts
  • Wedding: May 2014

I actually picked memorial weekend on purpose because it’ll be nice for my fiancé’s family who are all coming in from out of town to have that Monday off. 

Post # 15
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I got married on Pearl Harbor day of last year. A few people mentioned it. No one was upset about the day overlap.
The world kept turning. 🙂

Post # 16
487 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@MrsBrown13:  Eh, I’m getting married the weekend before Valentine’s Day and my reception is Mother’s Day weekend. Haven’t had any issues, including cost.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors