2014 Brides

posted 3 years ago in Vancouver
Post # 3
1581 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Here, here! We’re getting married in August 2014 and we have nailed down the following: venue, my dress, bm dresses, DJ, photographer, and theme. The big thing that I’m focusing on right now is catering, parking at the venue site (we need to get a parking ban lift) and contacting local B&Bs to see if they would accept bridal parties in their suites.

Post # 5
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

June 2014 bride here!! I’m a bit of an organizational freak, so we have everything booked and ordered, music lists compiled, vows written and I’ve begun working on our backdrop for the ceremony. I am SO EXCITED!

Post # 6
186 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Blue Horse Farm

September 27 bride here.  We have our venue, photographer, DJ, my dress, and videographer all booked/bought.  Right now we are working on catering and creating our Save The Dates with our photographer – but those won’t be mailed out until mid-late January we’re thinking.  We’ll also get moving on blocking hotel rooms and lining up a shuttle in the next few months.

Post # 8
227 posts
Helper bee

I’m an August 2014 bride.  I honestly don’t have too much done. I’m trying to negotiate my venue right now and everything seems great it’s just putting down the deposit.

Other than that, I have my wedding dress, my veil and accessories, half of my wedding favours and got everyone almost picked out in my wedding party. I have a photographer lined up but it’s not for sure yet since I won a free engagement photoshoot with her and we still have to talk pricing for the actual wedding photos. 

I got lots of ideas and I just need to execute them!

I want to get my venue and church done AT LEAST before I send out my save the dates willprobably will be January ish and I might start mailing out invites in March.

Post # 9
227 posts
Helper bee

Usually invitations are mailed out about 3-5 months before the event. It depends if you are save the dates or not.  If you are then you can probably send out invites 3-4 months before. If you are not doing save the dates then the earlier the better since you have to consider people who are out of town and need the time to prepare to be able to attend the wedding.

Post # 11
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I have been engaged for almost a year and getting married in july 2014. we waited so i can be done with school and finish student teaching but in this time i have…

invites made and printed

envelopes ordered and addresses ready to go

programs made

reception hall (caterer comes with it)

centerpeices made (DIY) 

most bridesmaids dresses (they all have different because of age difference)

bridesmaide jewlery bought

dress and veil bought

honeymoon booked

a pope blessing mailed in 

many things bought and ready to go!!!!! 

Post # 12
632 posts
Busy bee

July 2014 for me! I have a couple of of the major things done, but not many of the details. I just locked in the ceremony venue (Cleveland dam field at cap river park) and the reception venue (soundhouse studios) and am about to start invites. Thankfully my guy knows photoshop so we are going to make our own and print them to save $$, that’s the next step for us. Oh, and I got my dress, woohoo! Turns out it’ll be arriving WAY EARLY at bryan’s bride in burnaby. I only ordered in a couple weeks ago and it’ll be in in 3 weeks. Holy moly, I am so excited about seeing it! I was expecting to have to wait until May.

Post # 13
2167 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

July 26, 2014 here!!! I’ve completed:

Hotel block

Bridesmaid’s dresses

Groomsmen Tux’s

Save the dates

More things to cross off the list but the main things are done and set!!!

Post # 14
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

December wedding… So far we have a photographer, videographer, DOC, flowers, some decor, wedding gown, rings, band… And a few organizational things

Post # 15
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I have 3 months to go and I just have to finalize flowers, purchase BM/parent gifts, plus tackle some small diy projects. Just this month alone I have my first dress fitting, makeup and hair trial and my florist appointment! I can feel the stress seeping in!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors