2014 Brides…Have you started planning? If so, what??

posted 5 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
1111 posts
Bumble bee

Um.  I guess I’m now a 2014 bride, I should update my date…  We have pushed out the wedding so much… and not done much planning.  

Come 2014, we’ll push it to 2015…

Post # 4
4525 posts
Honey bee

I have my dress picked out and I’m looking at venues. I’m planning early because of my school schedule, so I’ll probably be pretty ahead of where I “should” be soon. 

I have a lot of stuff looked at and narrowed down, but nothing bought. I think BM dresses will be next. 

Post # 5
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I have my venue booked, dress bought, and I’m trying to sort photographer and caterer. I’d get your venue sorted, you’d be amazed how quickly they get booked up. Good luck! 🙂

Post # 6
403 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I just sent the deposit to our photographers this week. We toured two venues today and hope to book our choice sometime in the next two months. I already bought my shoes and our cake topper. We’ve picked our wedding party, and I’ve picked my dress, although I still need to buy it.

Post # 7
155 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Yes, I’m a big time planner! The first thing I did was book the venue because a lot of other things hinge on the date. A lot of vendors do not like to consult with a bride without a date or venue. As of right now, I have the venue, photographer, and florist. My FI is out of town for another two weeks, so I am waiting to set up a meeting with the caterer. 

As far as projects are concerned, I’ve finished the guestbook and wedding stationery (I do invites as a side business). I find myself frequenting Michaels and Hobby Lobby for deals and steals. 🙂

Post # 8
2810 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

i’ve done a bunch, but no deposits have been made. we chose our venue (will make a deposit after christmas) and our vendors, for the most part. and i’ve decided to DIY a lot of stuff.

Post # 9
155 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Good to know I’m not the only 2014 bride. I was starting to get really sick of people reminding me how far away the date is. Ugh. 

Post # 10
2209 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

i have my venue and photographer booked so far! i have gone dress shopping once and am going again soon, just looking tho! it is so much fun that i want to do it all the time lol.

the venue was definitelt the hardest part; i’m so glad that’s over with!

Post # 11
56 posts
Worker bee

We booked our venue for both the ceremony and reception and I’ve been playing around with save the date ideas some. I also have the colors and flowers that I want decided but I haven’t booked a florist or anything yet. My plan is to diy just about everything so I’m gonna do it all gradually as good deals come up.

Post # 13
202 posts
Helper bee

My fiancé and I have been engaged for a year now so we have actually made a bit of hedway. We have booked the venue and our photographer so far.  Bought a bit of other decor stuff here and there.  2014 will be here before we know it!

Post # 14
478 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Well I’m am not a 2014 bride (sorry) but I think it’s good to start getting things together now.. More of a outline of what you like and not like. Colors and all of that. You are going to change your mind 1,000 times before make your mind up for good. So start to get something’s in mind now

Post # 15
514 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

i am a 2014 bride.  We know where we want to get married and where our reception and what we are serving for food.  The colors are easy simple red and white we are doing the apple picnic theme.  Now for the dress i think it is too early to get one right now and i will be getting my wedding bands in 4 months.  and getting things here and there for the wedding.  We even know were we are havig our honey moon.  I probably wont do dress shopping untill next summer so my mom will be up from florida.  Also i haven’t booked anything yet but i will soon.  i know pretty much how i want the wedding.  Not sure about the dress though lol.  I didn’t know if i should go with red or white?

Post # 16
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2014

i will be getting marry january 2014 so i want to have most of everything book by the end of this year or the begining of next year we already know in which venue and ceremon ,im starting to looked for dresses and invitation also want to diy most of thee stuff so we sure need time for that…im glad to know that im not the only 2014 bride planning in advance

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors