2014 Honeymoon

posted 3 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
294 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Yok Ha Resort – Belize! It was so low key and relaxing – all inclusive resort (for food only). They had a good bar that was reasonable as well. All of the meals were amazing – Belizean food. It was very private, intimate – not your typical commericial resort. This is a family owned (Abigail and Willfred) resort on a 3 acre caye 9 miles off the coast of Belize – there are only 5 cabanas on the island. If you want a lot of pampering, it’s probably not the best place for you – but for us, it was absolutely perfect. Snorkeling, kayaking, diving, fishing, etc. available. 

Food – we had lobster, shrimp galore, snapper, barracuda, etc. all freshly caught. Delicious.

Cabanas – all either on the water or steps from the water. Very comfortable, nice

People – amazing, friendly, know you by name.

Excursions – wonderful!

Loved it all.

Post # 4
2381 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Couples Negril Jamaica

-All-Inclusive couples only resort, they cater to couples – little private nooks all over the place and it’s so romantic

-top notch service

-great resort, not too big, everything is cozy but you still feel like the place is half empty when it’s full

-sits on Bloody Bay which is the smaller part of 7 mile beach.  Calm clear water and FANTASTIC beach.  Every chair has a floatie you can use to float all day in the pool or ocean.  They also have red flag service by the pool and on the beach, when the flag is up they come take your order And bring you a drink

– no tipping policy , tips are included in the price.   No need to carry money around

-AMAZING food and entertainment

-it has so many excursions/sports included, not to mention all the daily activities.  

-we’ve met some life long friends there

-there is SO much to do in jamaica that suits everyone’s taste.

Post # 5
3978 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@RockStar33:  I’d love it if people gave also how many nights / budget, which would make this even more helpful! 

Post # 6
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

FI and I literally JUST booked our honeymoon yesterday! We are spending 7 nights at Sandals Grand Antiguan in October. We booked through a travel agent and are spending about $5k, including airfare from Newark Liberty, round trip transfers, hotel accomodations the night before our early flight and cancel-for-any-reason insurance. We are also getting a complimentary upgrade to a better room, but won’t know what that is until we get there because it is subject to availablity. I’ve heard amazing things about Sandals Antigua from a ton of people, and it’s apparently our travel agents favorite tropical desination. 

Post # 7
118 posts
Blushing bee

@SarahTee:  ok I will come in with a shameless plug…great choice! It’s such a romantic hotel! i hope you enjoy my gorgeous island 🙂

Post # 8
1355 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Vine Street Church

We’re being different and going to Norway, Sweden and Iceland. We leave on the 2nd!

Post # 9
610 posts
Busy bee

@Flow:  I was so hesitant to do a chain, but for the money there was no beating it, and Antigua is GORGEOUS! How’s the weather in October? We are kind of worried about hurricanes. Maybe a local can ease our worried minds?!

Post # 10
2720 posts
Sugar bee

We’re going to Costa Rica in three weeks. I can’t wait. 

Post # 11
1634 posts
Bumble bee

We’re going to Jamaica in April, I can’t wait! We are going to a fancy-pants resort called Royal plantation thanks to my generous FFIL who booked it for us. 

Post # 12
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

were staying at the only adult only resort in aruba…tara & bucuti…its ranked #1 on every travel site….to stay in a really nice suite is $3300 for 6 nights then flights are about 500/pp from ny directly to aruba…good deal

Post # 13
1721 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@officialeboni:  we haven’t gone yet.. But we will be spending 3 nights in Moorea and 4 nights in an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora at the intercontinental hotels. Flight, inter island flights, hotels, and breakfasts will be about 8k.

Post # 15
721 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2004

St.Lucia in April for 7 nights. I wish I was there right now. These subzero temps are bumming me out. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors