2014 Travel Plans!!!

posted 3 years ago in Travel
Post # 3
1025 posts
Bumble bee

We are taking out last vacation before we become parents, January 11th we leave for Varadero for a week, I cannot wait.

Mom and I are headed to the States for a concert in February.

Back to Cuba in November (hopefully) for a friends wedding, but we will have to see how everything works out.

Post # 4
2823 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

We are heading to Hawaii in July & Europe in September. We’re also heading to Florida in December next year to spend Christmas with DH’s family.

Post # 5
679 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Oooh I love daydreaming about future travels 🙂 Unfortunately due to uncertainties in the job/ possibly buying a house situation, 2014 might not be our best year for traveling.

One trip is for certain though…. going to Turkey for our wedding in August!! We may have to do another trip over there beforehand for paperwork, etc.

Post # 6
1987 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I am going (with work for free!!!!) to Hawaii for 10 days in February.  In July, we’re taking our honeymoon for a week to Aruba.  We’ll probably go up to Vermont for a few weekends throughout the year and we might go to Boston (we both went to undergrad there) for a long weekend in April when I have off from work.

Post # 7
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

DH and I are going back to where we honeymooned in Mexico! We have the trip booked for June 2014 and I cannot wait! 

We are also planning a family ski trip to Colorado with our DS. We thought about March when I am on break from school, but it’s so much more expensive at that time! We may go in early December next year instead. I’ve never been skiing before so I’m pretty excited!

Post # 8
1084 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We’re planning to go to Mexico in either June or July. It’s the first vacation we’ll have taken in a LONG time, so that will be nice 🙂

Post # 9
4483 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I’ll have to live vicariously this year-I’m saving for some big plans in 2015 ;). Last year I was in Guatemala for the summer and aslo went to Honduras alone and Belize with FI (then BF). Belize was amazing, but sadly we won’t be topping it any time soon. We will probably enjoy a weekend away in either Atlantic City or a closer beach town, but that’s it

Post # 10
1355 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Vine Street Church

Two weeks in NYC, Sweden, Norway and Iceland in February and probably an October Alaskan cruise. We typically do two big vacations a year.

Post # 11
2687 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Ketchum, ID

@krstino1012:  I’m going to try to set up a trip to San Francisco! All in the name of getting a real 49ers shirt, mwahaha. We also may end up going to Idaho, too. 

Post # 12
1193 posts
Bumble bee

We are planning a trip out West to visit Arches National Park, Antelope Canyon and some other things in UT, AZ and NM. Also, to Yosemite to go camping and hiking in the fall. Then our honeymoon to the Philippines/Indonesia as well. I can’t wait!

Post # 13
576 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

We are taking a road trip from OH to MT with our 5month old in just a couple days to visit with our very best friends we haven’t seen in almost 2years! We never wanted to move away from there, but we had to and finances just didn’t allow us to move back. I cannot wait to see the beautiful mountains in every direction, covered in snow. We just decided we should do it…and part of me thinks we are insane but my heart is so ready for the adventure! 🙂 Great way to start the year!

Post # 14
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

NYC in January to surprise FI for her birthday! I’m picking her up from work and driving us to the airport. Very excited. 

We’ll go to Chicago for Thanksgiving to visit my parents. 

Honeymoon to NZ in December. 

We’ll throw another few trips in there, hopefully, but I’m not sure where or when. 

Post # 15
2831 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

we’re heading to cancun in 10 days for a wedding. aside from that, and a few trips to buffalo, i have no idea where else we’re headed. seattle hopefully, and maybe colorado.

Post # 16
3222 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

@krstino1012:  We just got back from Monaco (family holiday) and will be going to the south of France and Andorra in May. We’re also going to the east coast of Canada in the late summer since my parents gifted us points that will expire in August.

When I called to see if it’s possible to use points to upgrade our seats for our France trip, FI was loudly talking about how he doesn’t want an upgrade and wants to visit Prince Edward Island instead. He got his way, but he’ll be the one on a working holiday since he’s using all of his PTO in May!

I really terribly would like to go to an all inclusive resort in the caribbean or Mexico this year to just flop on the beach and drink. I’m so burnt out, and everywhere I’ve gone in the past year, I’ve come home exhausted. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors