(Closed) 2014 Weddings :)

posted 6 years ago in October 2014
Post # 3
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Hey Congrats and glad to meet a Month Twin. My FI and I are also have a long-ish engagement. We have been engaged for almost 7 months now, and have nothing planned. We are really in the “enjoying it thoroughly” phase. We are trying to see what our style is and then find a wedding site / venue that is appropriate. We know our colors – light green and grey. We also put down what we want our wedding to reflect/encompass like family and closeness. That being said we put a cap at 150 and are trying to keep with a more casual setting. FI and I have this dream of an outside wedding with a white tent reception but as we are in the north I keep that as a dream. October can be too cool for outdoors at night, but outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception is doable for us.

How we keep wedding planning fun: as we are currently looking for venues, we take the opportunity to make (or will make) these into day trips. It’s so fun just to have this day to get away together, relax a little, get something done and also explore. I have a feeling we may end up discovering something we would have never known about if not for these trips. And that might lead to something unique to our wedding.

How are you keeping wedding planning from being stressful?

Post # 4
3969 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I’ll either be in October or September… but I’m still waiting on a proposal! Should be by this Stepember though! A 2 year engagment, and just like you, together for 7 years by the wedding day! I’ll be 25, and he’ll be 27, though. We’re both in graduate school right now, and moving in together (well, I’m moving to where he lives about 500 miles away) later this year. I cannot wait! Hopefully once the engagement takes place (c’mon SO!), I can share some planning details. It’s early, but very exciting!  MrsVtoBe, that’s my concern about October too, being too cold! I know I definitely want an outside ceremony!

Post # 5
71 posts
Worker bee

We are looking at 10-12-14…I love even numbers! I am planning my wedding from 1200 miles away (even though we both grew up near the wedding area in our home state), so the extra time will be so useful! Also, we are both Ph.D candidates so we will be busy and I’ll use the time to DIY.

Post # 6
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Hello ladies,

We just set our date for Oct. 18, 2014. I can’t wait to start planning!!

Post # 7
2164 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

My FI and I are recently engaged and hoping to plan an October 4, 2014 wedding! Wooooohoooo!! I love that it’s 10+4=14….Maybe because I am a special education math teacher?? ahahaha

Post # 8
2143 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Hello! I’m in a similar situation as you πŸ™‚ I’m 20, he’s 22 and were planning on August 2014 (not engaged yet – planning on later this summer, so a 2 year enagement! We’ve been together for 8 years now, so it’ll be 10 by the time we get married. We’re also both inschool and waiting for me to graduate before the wedding, and both living at home with our parents πŸ™‚ congrats and good luck with everything!!! 

Post # 9
890 posts
Busy bee

Hi! I am in a similar situation, I am 22, he is 23, so that will make a long engagement. 2 1/2 years, but it’s gonna flyyy by!!

We are planning on 10-17-14. We originally had 10-18-14, but we could save a lot of money by doing it on a Friday. I picked out the colors, which are magenta, dark purple and teal, and I plan on throwing peacock feathers in with the flowers. We went to some venues to check it out, but we havent decided on one yet.

My fiance just got a new job(he started Monday!) so he will be making more money then he does now. But as for me, I just work a full time job doing housekeeping, it pays well, but I am looking to get out of there. I start school next January to be a dental assistant, which only takes four months, so in less then a year I will hopefully have a new job!

Its nice to meet all of you! Happy planning!

Post # 10
217 posts
Helper bee

@kfiorita: @WhatMaeBee:  Yaaaay! Date Triplets!

Ladies, I’m so glad to hear that there are others like us who are waiting a bit for the perfect big day. My FI and I are going to beleading our charity organization next year and that will take A LOT of our time. Plus we just had a son in December, so we want to wait until he is a little older to enjoy the wedding as well. In fact, he was our “engagement present” as he was conceived the day my FI proposed πŸ™‚

Post # 11
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Wow, glad I found you guys! I thought my Fi and I were the only ones with a long engagement. We’ve only been together a little over a year, but our wedding date is set for 5-25-2014, which will be our 3 year anniversary as well. I’m soooo excited already, feels like all my dreams are finally coming true.

Post # 12
Hostess
8580 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

10-31-14, we have been together for 4 years, living together for 3 of them.

Post # 13
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

5/24/14 πŸ™‚ just want to start planning everything!!! good luck ladies πŸ™‚

The topic ‘2014 Weddings :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors