2014 – Your best year yet?! Resolution Time!

posted 3 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: If you're setting goals for the coming year, what areas are you focusing on?
    Financial : (13 votes)
    23 %
    Fitness/Health/Wellbeing : (16 votes)
    29 %
    Career : (9 votes)
    16 %
    Personal/Hobbies/Fun : (3 votes)
    5 %
    Travel : (2 votes)
    4 %
    Relationship(s) : (10 votes)
    18 %
    Education : (3 votes)
    5 %
  • Post # 3
    4441 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

@GlitteryVegas:  Probably focusing on school in 2014!  I guess that may fit under career?

Post # 6
    9204 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2018

I am focusing on health, financial, education and career. My resolution is: “get my stuff together.” I want to get on track with getting the right treatment for my illnesses, still not there yet. I want to put the money into my account that I took out, and pay FI back, as well as develop good saving habits and budgeting, and hopefully get a good amount in savings by the end of the year. I want to be prepared to go back to university, and do well so I can boost my GPA. I want to be well enough and go back to work so I can earn an income again, so I can do everything financial that I want to do. I also want to be more prepared, mentally and financially to hopefully move out of home in the next couple of years with FI.

Then after I get all that on track, I would love to be able to start proper wedding planning again!

ETA: I am doing a Graduate Diploma in Commerce, working towards a Masters. I want to be an accountant 🙂

Post # 7
    8847 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

Good food for thought! Mine are:

– pay off joint credit card debt (~$3500)

– put $5000 in each of our IRAs before tax day

– then live off one income and save the other

– get back to a good workout schedule, get back down to wedding weight or close to it (117-120  … currently at 125ish)

– cut down on drinking

Post # 9
    9204 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2018

@GlitteryVegas:  Thank you, I hope 2014 is great for you too! 🙂

Post # 10
    4072 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

• Get married, woo!
    • Get a job by September (teacher)
    • Get a new apartment
    • Buy a car
    • Travel somewhere new this summer
    • Make new friends in my new country

And the list goes on and on… 2014 is a huge year for me. Married in January, likely moving to England in February, and starting a whole new life. The big focus will be on settling into a new place and getting started in my career.

Post # 11
    774 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

@GlitteryVegas:  Hmmmm this is tricky- I don’t usually make resolutions. I think 2014 will be, for me, a year in transition. I’ll be transitioning from student to professional (which also means being on my own financially), single woman to married woman, and yoga practitioner to yoga instructor (although obviously I’ll still be a practitioner). I think it will be a great year- I’m just so in flux that I don’t know even what to set as a goal! (Other than lose 5 pounds before my wedding, of course)

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors