Let's see your chosen Mountain (or hills) venues!!

posted 3 years ago in Venue
Post # 3
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I’ll play! I love the moutains! (hence my username, haha) and I grew up with a view of the Rockies so I couldn’t imagine getting married somewhere where I couldn’t at least see them. We picked:

1. Rocky Mountains

2. YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park, Colorado

3. If the weather holds outdoor ceremony, indoor reception. But if it doesn’t, they have a gorgeous chapel we will use.

And one more, because I can. This isn’t mine (obviously) but I found this amazing Mountain Wedding photo that I love 🙂

Post # 4
10 posts
  • Wedding: June 2016

We had it narrowed down to 3 differnt places: the city we live in now, Moraine Lake in Alberta, or somewhere in the St. George area in Utah. We decided on UT because it will be cheaper for all our parents to travel to the US than it would be for them to fly across the country. 

This is Moraine Lake, by far my favorite spot in Canada:

This is one of the places we’re tossing around for UT. Just love the mountains and red rock together!

Post # 5
8844 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

Ooh wow, gorgeous photos everyone!! 

Our wedding was in the foothills of the Wind River Mountains outside of Lander, WY. The venue was called the Central Wyoming College Sinks Canyon Center.

Post # 7
222 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Kiawah Island

Okay, my first choice would have been Jenny Lake in the Grand Teton Mountain Range in Jackson, WY, but it wasn’t a realistic choice to have our families join us.  It’s definitely the most beautiful place I have ever laid eyes on in the lower 48.

Another amazing place would be “Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone” at Artist’s Point: 

Post # 8
1668 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I guess i’ll be the first to represent the East Coast/Appalachian mountains! I am originally from Asheville, NC, and attended Appalachian State University in Boone, NC. The mountains are in my blood!

1. Lower Blue Ridge Mountains/Appalachians
2. The Lodge at Table Rock State Park in Pickens, SC
3. Weather permitting, the ceremony will be outdoors, and the reception will be indoor/outdoor.

here are some pics of the place. i love it!

Post # 9
1646 posts
Bumble bee

1. Name of Mountain range/hills: Mount Osceola and East Osceola, White Mountains NH
2. Venue: Waterville Valley
3. Outdoor/Indoor: Outdoor and tent reception

For kicks, us on top of those mountains:

Post # 10
1625 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

We are trying to figure out a mountain venue for our wedding right now! It will be the Rocky Mountains in Utah. The only problem is finding an affordable place, since most venues are expensive resorts. 

Post # 11
9652 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

I really feel like we got the best of both wordls…DW with a beach and we still had a few hills.. so I’ll share our lil hills!

USVI St Thomas

And this was out day after shoot at another beach with some beautiful hills

Post # 13
1668 posts
Bumble bee

@Cynderbug:  thank you so much! we’re actually going up there (2 hours from our home in Charlotte, NC) this weekend to see it, and work with our caterer! i’m excited to get to see it again in person.

Post # 14
477 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

1. Range: San Juans in the Colorado Rockies
  2. Venue: An alpine basin in Uncompaghre National Forest (we hired a tour company to drive a caravan of modified 4x4s to take all guests up to the ceremony and back to the reception, 45min each way)
  3. All outdoor, including reception at the Secret Garden B&B in Ouray

All photos below taken by guests.  DH and I wore traditional Vietnamese garb.

We picked a date to coincide with the peak of the blossoming of alpine wildflowers.

One of the 4x4s taking guests back down on the shelf road:

Post # 16
1653 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Blue ridge

evergreen country club in virginia!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors