2015 brides: Time to start shedding for the wedding

posted 3 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 3
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I’m with ya!  Our wedding is in May of 2015.  I have 30 lbs to go and I really want to tone up too!

Post # 4
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I’m not engaged yet, but I started trying to lose weight back in February.  SO will hopefully pop the question within the next couple of months and I think we will probably set our wedding date for sometime after he finishes school in 2015.  I have been doing Weight Watchers online (with my big brother too).  I lost 20 lbs from February-June and have gained about 5 back over the summer (so many cookouts, and birthdays, and outdoor cocktails…), but I am back to hardcore tracking after this weekend.  I started at 247 and my goal is to get down to 145, so I have a looong way to go!  I also started growing out my hair from a bob about a year ago, so that is the other imaginary wedding prep that I have already started!

Post # 5
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I’m in, too. Currently at 180 and looking to get down to 130-140. I was using the Weight Watchers app for like a week, but then I went on a cruise and it all went to hell. I want to start fresh on Monday and start making my way towards where I want to be.

Post # 6
246 posts
Helper bee

Oh wait. I just realized my wedding is in 2014. Memory!fail.

Post # 7
2968 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@HappyORBride:  Month twin!

I’m in. Don’t have time to work out much right now as I’m busy with grad school and work so I’m watching my portions to compensate. I really want to start the programme the personal trainer at work drew up for me once the semester is over and I am free! I want to look good for our e-pic sessions in January and look even better for our wedding. I don’t have a goal weight in mind, I just want to feel happier in my own skin.

Post # 8
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I’m so in! I am currently 5’5 and 155 pounds. My first dress shopping experience is the end of December and I’m trying to lost twenty pounds. I am so busy with school and work, there isn’t much time for exercise. Lets post our ideas and inspiration here!!! I was just telling someone how id love to shed the weight now and get toned up so its one less thing to stress about before the wedding!

Post # 9
785 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

Me tooo!

I’m 170 and 5′-1″- I would love to lose a minimum of 20lbs (what I weighed when I met my FI.. But 40 would be ideal.

I’ve lost 10 in a month by doing nothing but changing my diet.. I really need to do this again. I actually enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. I just find I don’t know how to be all that creative with food. For excercise I’d love to get back into yoga. So relaxing and good for your body. And I may take advantage of the free gym my apartment building has as well!

Post # 10
825 posts
Busy bee

I’m in! I’m 5’10” and was in fantastic shape when I met my FI. 165 lbs, ran and did pilates six days a week, every week. Then I moved in with him and while he eats like a lumberjack (6’5″ and 240), I also ate like a lumberjack (because if he didn’t gain weight, I shouldn’t have gained weight right?!) and ballooned up to 240. Ugh.

Post # 11
1207 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I’m in! My SO and I are doing a home version of the Biggest loser. So right now I’m 175 (5’2) and my goal by my 30th birthday in December is to be down at least 20 pounds. I had tried to lose at least 5 pounds for the month of August, and I didn’t even do that 🙁 SO…it’s time. It’s very difficult to fit in exercise because I’m in school part time and work full time, but I really have to. I had lost 35 pounds on Weight Watchers 2 years ago, and I’ve put almost all of it back on so I may have to suck it up and rejoin and make sure to add in the exercise this time.  

Post # 12
230 posts
Helper bee

What does everyone to or plan to do to shed the weight? Counting calories? A certain program? Exercise? Is there anything you use for inspiration or motivation? I know these next months leading up to 2015 will fly, so i really want to look and feel my best for the big day !!

Post # 13
420 posts
Helper bee

So I’m not getting married in 2015, but late in 2014.  I’d love to join a thread for extra motivation/accountability though!  I’ve started doing the Atkins Diet and am still in the induction phase only been at it for a few weeks.  

I’m 4’11 and started at 175 pounds with a 35 inch waist (David’s Bridal size 16) and am now at 167 pounds with a 33 inch waist.  My goal is to get to 125 pounds with a 28 inch waist (David’s Bridal size 6).

Post # 14
1207 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

@chelseakayd:  right now i’m focusing on healthier eating and trying to exercise at least 3x a week. If this fails, I will probably sign back up for weight watchers because I like the points system. 

Post # 15
230 posts
Helper bee

@purpledaisies I love weight watchers! It really does work but takes so much commitment I wish I could afford to do meetings!

@sweet5k is the atkins totally cutting out carbs??? Let us know how it goes!

Post # 16
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I suppose I’ll join, but I suck at these things! Lol.

I’m starting no soda on Monday. The water will help slim you down as you won’t be so bloated from soda.

I’ll also be doing the 30 day plans they have for arms, legs, butt etc each day of the week while I’m at work during my breaks.

I’ve got over 400 pins on pinterest for my exercise board. If anyone wants the link, let me know!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors