2015 Brides?

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2 posts
Wannabee

@Kathleenya:  

Hi-five!  I have the same question.  

I’m not officially engaged yet but I know me and the fiance are aiming for end 2014 (or only by some miracle of finances early 2014)..hopefully not 2015, and I basically planned everything (reception venue, flowers, guests, stationery, running sheet!) since the start of the year, right now in the midst of making offers for second-hand dresses.  

On one hand I can’t help it, I just know exactly what I want, on the other hand I’m wondering what on earth am I going to do for the next 1.5 years since I will already have planned everything :S and will I have more time for dress regret since I will have bought my dress so early.

Post # 4
417 posts
Helper bee

LOL… I’m sitting her waiting for my MOH to come pick me up so we can go dress “browsing”  

I am a very indecisive person so for me I need an extra year to decide what it is I really like.  I have a time frame for myself on when I have to make some kind of decision though.  If I bought one this early I would absolutely have dress regret at some point in time!

I know a lot of people are thinking I’m nuts for even wasting my time so early trying on dresses, but I’m so glad I have so far.  I now know that A-line (which is what I assumed would be best for my figure) is NOT even close to what I want.

I’m to short and an A-line swallows me up, I’m looking more towards fit and flare!

Have you guys tried any on yet and know what style you want?  Was it different then what you originally thought?

Post # 5
5087 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2014

We’re picking our venue before anything else. But I’m itching to confirm a date, design the invites, choose my bm’s…

Post # 6
631 posts
Busy bee

Have chosen the venue but not booked yet; booked the photographer after we won an engagement shoot with them – we looked at some others but went with these guys as they gave us 2013 prices: have my wedding ring and last week I bought my dress as it was half price in the sale – decided if I do have dress regret then I will just sell it on ebay!

I like to be organised and see no reason not to take my time and get things sorted!

Post # 7
848 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Historic Chapel

@Kathleenya:  OMG yeeesssss I can’t wait to buy my gown specially because I already know the one I want!!!! the only thing stopping me is I only weight 95lbs so I’m scare to buy me dress now and in two years I would have HOPEFULLY gain some weight and the dress won’t fit me! so I’m going to wait until a year to the wedding before I buy it. 

At this point I’m gathering all my ideas and things I would love for my wedding, is amazing how much my ideas have change as I look more and more stuff up. Also I already chose my venue, I feel like having your venue down early is very important because that way then you can start deciding how to decorate according to your space, and stay in budget.

I love the fact that I have plenty of time to think, buy and pay for things along the way, rather than have to pay everything at once. I feel like sometimes people think I’m crazy because they say is so far away and I’m already planning! Honestly I just can’t wait!!!!

Post # 8
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I’m not doing much at this point, love to look at wedding dresses online but not interesed in buying one yet.

Post # 9
582 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

My only concern with buying a dress 2 years in advance, would be that what I love today might not be what I’d love in 2 years.  For that reason, I personally plan to wait to shop until around the 1 year mark.

Post # 10
5087 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2014

@Blackie:  it’s really cool you got your photographer at 2013 prices. I want to get that lucky. 

Post # 12
2073 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

My wedding is October 2014, but we got engaged over a year ago so i had about 2.5 years to go from engagement date!  Last summer, the only things we booked were our venue and photographer.  I started trying on dresses in November of 2012, and immediately found one I love and almost bought.  Then a couple months later found a different one I thought would end up being the one.  And then in April, I saw photos of some bees on here in a dress and thought I HAD to try it on, and when I did, I bought it.  That was last month.  so about 16 months til my wedding.

I thought it was super early, but my dress will take up to a year to come in, so really it’s not that early!

Have fun with the dress shopping and take your time.  The stores will tell you you should buy bc the dresses might get pulled off the rack, but I never saw a single dress that i loved get pulled.  In fact, i can go into our local bridal shop and the same dresses that were there in november are still there now.  I’m so glad i REALLLLLLY shopped aorund.. went to so many bridal stores simply bc I could and I had the time.  Often alone, I only brought the girls if I found one I thoguht could be a contender.

Post # 13
1715 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Hi!!! I have just over 2 years to go and I gave into my itch 🙂 I bought my dress back in January , it was the third or fourth dress I tried on and instantly fell in love with it, I just could not pass it up and now have my jewelery and shoes for the big day.  I think it is a good idea to stretch out the big purchases a little and I really fell in love with my dress.  Do what you want to do when you want to do it.  This is your special time take advantage of it have fun picking everything out!!!!  Always here if you have any bad days during your long engagement, they can be rough 🙁 But they go by faster than you think, I’m almost a year into a three engagement and it really has flown by!

Post # 14
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I wanna get mine now! Lol however ill probably wait until a year or less before  I do 🙁

Post # 15
941 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Yes, I’ve bought my dress. I fell in love so bought it and have paid it off!

We also booked our venue so we can get that paid off along with caterer and cake. 

Now I’m planning and doing some easy DIY projects. We have kids and full time jobs so time will fly by!!

Post # 16
583 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I’m a 2015 bride! I have been dress shopping once, but only to browse. I’m telling myself that I am not allowed to even try on anything until at least December this year, so that I don’t get too excited and buy my dress two years in advance! It is so much fun looking though..

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors