2015 Charleston Brides

posted 2 years ago in South Carolina
Post # 2
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2016 - Charleston, SC

Not a 2015 bride, but hoping to gat married in Charleston in 2016! I’m actually about to make a post about venues…we just can’t decide!! Who are your vendors?

Post # 3
570 posts
Busy bee

*get not gat. Thanks iPhone 

Post # 5
1025 posts
Bumble bee

I’m getting married in charleston in may 2015 and have been super surprised how few charleston brides Ive found! Our venue is Wide Awake Park about 20 minutes outside of downtown. 

Post # 6
570 posts
Busy bee

charlestonmorgan:  we toured both Cottage on the Creek and the Creek Club at I’on! FI loved the cottage, but the multiple levels was going to be a little too tricky for some of our guests! My mom loved the creek club, but it felt a little generic for what I wanted. We also toured the Legare Waring House and Lowndes Grove! Lowndes Grove is the fan favorite, but the cost is freaking me out a lot haha. I love the Legare Waring House, but FI and mom aren’t sold. 

Post # 7
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Hidden Acres

We aren’t getting married in Charleston but we did do a lot of research down there on venues. My personal favorites are Middleton Place, the Cotton Dock at Boone Hall, Wickliffe House, and the Rice Mill. Old Wide Awake is really nice too. Just really depends on the size wedding you’re having, the season/day you want it, and of course, your budget. FI and I are paying for the whole thing ourselves, so we just couldn’t justify a $10K F&B minimum for 100 people on top of a $5K venue rental for a Saturday in October, so we moved the whole thing closer to my parents’ hometown. BUT, if we’d have had unlimited funds, we definitely would have done Charleston all the way!

Post # 9
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I am getting married Oct 2014 in Charleston (or near Charleston) in Hollywood at The Plantation at Stono Ferry Clubhouse. The venue is amazing for the price. We have a 3 hour reception planned and with rentals (accomadating 90 guests) we paid $850. I just couldn’t beat it! Sticky Figners is doing our catering and I am lucky to have a professional photographer for a friend and an aunt who is a florist. Our budget was 5k for 90 guests and without including my dress we only went over 50 bucks with open beer and wine bar included. 🙂

Post # 10
66 posts
Worker bee

charlestonmorgan:  I definitely understand the feeling of having prices set for destination weddings when you’re local. I kind of consider myself local since I love it so much. lol

We REALLY wanted the Cotton Dock so I was heartbroken when the price jumped so high after Ryan Reynolds got married there. We looked at Harborside East but the funky layout didn’t do much for us, either. Have you thought about having the reception at a local restaurant, or maybe the Old Exchange building?

Island House was kind of neat but some of the decor in the house was definitely not my taste. But the view of the Stono was amazing!

The Charleston Tea Plantation was cool but there’s really nowhere for the bride, groom, and their respective parties to get ready, and it’s a good drive from downtown. Plus you’d have to rent literally everything under the sun.

Post # 11
66 posts
Worker bee

carrolltobee:  You managed to feed 90 guests for $850 including rentals?!?! You go girl!!! Charleston or not, that’s impressive!!

Post # 13
286 posts
Helper bee

JessSC79:  The venue and rentals were 850 and our catering total came up to 1300 for a buffet BBQ meal from sticky fingers. I am sorry I wrote that so confusing. I wish it all came together for 850 haha!

Post # 14
286 posts
Helper bee

charlestonmorgan:  In reference to Rice Mill…I had my first wedding there and can totally vouch that I didn’t think it was worth the money….from a photographer’s perspective it is super hard to get good shots in that space after dark…makes for very flash oriented photos. :/

Post # 15
66 posts
Worker bee

carrolltobee:  LOL No worries about the confusion, it’s all good. It’s still super impressive that you were able to feed 90 people for that amount. We’re feeding about 90 people for both our rehearsal dinner and our reception. We’re spending about 4K but that includes the labor, taxes, food, alcohol, etc. for both meals. Thankfully since we moved out of the Charleston area we don’t have to worry about that whopper of a service charge all the caterers like to tack on. That gave me nightmares! 🙁 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors