2015 Cozumel Brides

posted 2 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 2
294 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

110% check out Cozumel Wedding Planners. I had an unbelievably awesome experience with them! Let me see if I can find an old post detailing everything. Congrats!

Post # 3
294 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

https://vimeo.com/93572375 (wedding video) 

http://saltandlightphoto.com/blog/?p=1867 (pro pics)

Venue – Mr. Sancho’s Resort, Cozumel, Mexico with Cozumel Wedding Planners (Stephanie and Lluvia)

–> We used a cruise to get to the island instead of flying in directly and staying at a resort  (for most of our guests). Thus, we were more limited on venue options since we needed to stay within 20 minutes or so of the cruise port. I know there are several other amazing locations in Cozumel as well!

Stephanie met us at the port and rode with us to the venue – which was breathtakingly beautiful! Lluvia was at the site making sure everything was perfect – the vibrant green of the jungle paired with the crystal blue ocean and white sand beach made for a dramatic natural look. Everything from the flowers to the food to the bar was incredible.

Unlike a lot of the DW locations I researched, the planning was super easy and customizable without much headache. It was like a menu – you went through and checked exactly what you wanted, but unlike a traditional wedding, it was all in one place! Some of the packages offered by other places I looked at locked you into some things you would rather not have and charged a lot for things outside the package – definitely wasn’t the case here.

We brought our photographers/videographers with us – a husband/wife team from Kansas City called Salt and Light Photography. They do have their own photographer there if that’s what you would prefer. We loved bringing our own photogs b/c it was important to us and we loved their style.

We used a private wedding planner – Cozumel Wedding Planners – rather than use the cruise line’s wedding department. There were a lot more options, they were very flexible and willing to do anything to make it perfect. As big or small as you wanted it. I loved how they had everything set up as a menu where you clicked what you would like. They respond to emails quickly and helped me make decisions, just like a wedding planner in the U.S. In fact, Stephanie is from Chicago.<br />

We had our ceremony and reception on site. The food, bar, cake, flowers, music, everything was unbelievable. The best wedding cake ever! Especially considering we didn’t do any taste tests.

I don’t know if we’re allowed to link to another website, but there’s an awesome thread detailing more of our experience with CWP (along with a few other brides). PP me and I will send you the link if you’re interested!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors