2015 Wedding: Dress Dilemma

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
433 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

@nerdybee:  I’m a 2015 bride too and I already purchased my dress…I saw it at a trunk show and fell it love with it, plus not having to pay the taxes didn’t hurt either.

There’s certainly no harm in trying on the dresses that you like now but if you end up buying a dress, stop looking 🙂

Post # 4
2895 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I wouldn’t just wait, I would stop looking.  2015, esepcially summer, is a ways away.  Who knows if the style you are drooling over now will be what you want then?  Most girls with dress regret are the ones who bought supper early.

Post # 5
1249 posts
Bumble bee

I’m waiting til a year out from the wedding to START looking at dresses for myself. Once I find my dress, I’ll go BM dress shopping with my bridal party. Unless you’re getting something totally custom, it doesnt take THAT long for dresses to come in- if i were you, I would wait.

Post # 6
564 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

@nerdybee:  

Since you have so much time, you have options

For example: scoping out a dress or designer you like and then waiting for a trunk show in your area (could get a deal!)

If you aren’t interested in buying a sample, or trying to get a deal on an “older” dress, I’d hold off on the dress hunt until closer to the summer.

Post # 7
922 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I would wait until you’re closer to a year or so out. Your style will change, an I’m sure your wedding vision will change a million times. Take some time to think about it and really create a vision of your day before you rush into something

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors