2015!

posted 2 years ago in Waiting
Post # 2
1515 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

I have my fingers crossed, but I don’t know if SO would propose seeing that his brother is getting married in April

Post # 3
153 posts
Blushing bee

I will be! I can’t wait!

Post # 4
222 posts
Helper bee

I’m definitely hoping for next year! My SO and I have discussed getting engaged anywhere between 4-5yrs of being together and last week we reached 4!! 😀 

Post # 5
528 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

First post! My bf and I have been looking at rings the past few weeks…just trying to decide between a few settings! We’ve been together for over 5 years now and we are both petty excited for it to happen.

Post # 6
34 posts
Newbee

Congrats! I’m hoping we will be engaged sometime next year.. We went ring shopping last month but we hit a minor bump in the road since then. Regardless, I’m still hopeful 🙂

Post # 8
406 posts
Helper bee

MrsWe:  Yay! Thats exciting! 

I have a feeling it’ll happen in the next 3-6 months for us. I’m thinking sooner rather than later, because he previously told me within 6 months which brings us to end of this month. I don’t see it happening by the end of this month, but there’s progress being made.

We’re going back to the store that has my dream ring on Saturday! 🙂

Post # 9
998 posts
Busy bee

I told DBF that late 2015 is the very soonest I could see us engaged. While DBF said that would be a bit of a tall order, some more discussion lead to him telling me that his views on rings have changed a bit.

At first, he seemed like he resented the need for an expensive ring. Last January, I even gave him a loose green sapphire to set into a future e-ring in order to help with costs. But now, he wants to “do it nice,” which he can’t afford now. Honestly, I don’t mind…I love jewelry, and my tastes have changed, making me lean more towards a diamond center stone anyway.

Anyway, I suggested that he start saving, which is less pushy than it seems due to his job’s low wages and seasonal nature.  DBF agreed. Long story short, 2015 is looking more likely than any other year so far, but I would say that odds are that 2016 is most likely. We are still young students, so I am not in a huge rush compared to when I was first added to the list… 🙂

Post # 10
97 posts
Worker bee

I am hoping for an engagement this year as well.  We looked at diamonds in August, and I picked a ring out online in late Sept.  He said that he may be taking a work trip to NYC sometime this year, and he said he would go buy one while he’s there.  Hopefully that actually happens.

Post # 14
694 posts
Busy bee

MrsWe:  yes! My so said this morning he looks forward to this year because he gets to put a ring on it! We’re planning on getting engaged next month! Thats all I know. I get my great grandmother’s wedding ring from the 1940’s! So excited about this new year! 2015! 

Post # 15
97 posts
Worker bee

MrsWe:  He said his company usually has a meeting in NYC early in the year…so maybe March?  He doesn’t want to finance the ring and he told me he’s got almost all of the money saved.  He should find out more info when everyone goes back to work on Monday.

Good luck to to you, it sounds like your engagement is going to be really soon!  =)

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors