2016 Brides?

posted 3 years ago in Logistics
Post # 2
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Hi I am a November 2016 bride, my Mr. Honey and I have been together for almost 3 years this November. This may sound crazy but we just sat down one day and picked a day to get married. I have been slowly planning making idea boards and looking at pictures. Pinterest has become a dearest friend. I am going with ostrich feathers theme, which from what i understand is like the Great Gatsby but I wasn’t going for that Lol, I want a blush gown I am so in Love with the Divina by Maggie Sottero, my BM and junior bridesmaid (who are my 3 daughters) will be wearing Ivory or champangne I found thses dresses @ Davids Bridal by Vera Wang the collection is called White

Although I know what dress I want I have decided to put that off a bit, first of all I need to lose about 120lbs, so I am going to be joining WW and trying to get this fat off, and I can also save the money I have been on a few other blogs and have been told the dress was around $2k which is awesome  I have also seen what  the dress looks like on real brides beautiful!!! My colors are blush, ivory, shades of pink and maybe chocolate and green just to give it balance

I also am starting early for financial reasons, I want my wedding to be everything that I have invisioned. I think Im only going to have bridesmaids and no MOH, but not 100% on that idea yet. I have picked an estate in Palm Springs, which doesn’t take reservation to 1 year before so with that in mind, we have started saving for deposits. I have emailed a few places and some people have responded but some have not. 

BTW i found this really cool online DIY planner if you need one I will post the link it is like 57 pages.

http://www.russellandhazel.com/content/wedding-templates

I am super glad I found you,  blog with you soon

Post # 3
212 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Ed Oliver Golf Club, Wilmington, DE

Hi Ladies! 

I am an April 2016 bride! We have been together for a little over 7 1/2 years already! So when we finally tie the knot, it will be almost 9 1/2 years together! We are having a longer engagement because he is in school and I running a family owned business with my Mom. We need time to plan, and more importantly, save! 

I am searching for venues, looking at dresses, and finalizing my guest list/bridal party. I am having so much fun! Can’t wait to talk to you all more!!! 

Post # 4
34 posts
Newbee

Hi MsCandyGirl, super excited for you, long engagement saves you money, that is how i am looking at it. Happy Sunday to you

Post # 5
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2016

Hi ladies I’m getting married January 2016. We have been together for 5 years and been engaged for not even a month. It took forever to get engaged, but we are young I’m 21 he’s 22 and life put things on hold. I had our son over a year ago and he finally realized I was the one. So on our family vacation he decided to pop the question. 

Hope the planning process is going smoothly for everyone. 

Post # 6
102 posts
Blushing bee

Hi everyone, I’m a March 2016 bride! I’ve been engaged for three years but only just set a date this year after saving up so I’m really excited. Where are you all getting married? I’m a UK bride myself, and getting married in a place called Newton Hall which is a really quirky venue by the beach up north. Hope everyone’s planning is going smoothly.

Post # 7
1527 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: Disneyland - January 2016

Hey ladies! Nice to meet you! I’m a (very, very hopeful) January 2016 bride! We’re actually not engaged yet, though I strong reason to believe I’ll be seeing a gorgeous ring sometime in October 😉 So far we’ve both been planning like crazy, in contact with a planner at Disney (where we hope to get married), asking her a ton of questions and lightly shopping on weekends for bits here and there we know we want to use for our decor. At the moment I’m really trying to stay focused on picking outfits for when he’ll propose (I may not know the exact date or how, but I do know there’s a Disney trip in my near future!) and keep the big wedding stuff until we’re actually engaged. I do have a pair of shoes however that I’ve fallen in love with and there’s a pretty good chance I’ll be walking down the aisle in them!

Post # 8
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Why hello there ladies!! I am going to be a Spring 2016 bride, we havent completely figured out a date yet. We have been engaged for under a month so its still so new, still on cloud 9 lol. We have been together for 3 1/2 years and started saving a little but need time to save quite a bit more plus I am still young, just turned 22, and i am going through some medical/ stress related difficulties so a longer engagement where the goal is to have as little stress as possible (yes I know thats a laugh) is much better for us.

We are planning our wedding out on Long Island, NY so anyone with tips about vendors or just budgeting tips in general they would be much apppreciated 🙂 Talk to you all soon!!

Post # 9
576 posts
Busy bee

I’m a July 2016 bride-to-be! 🙂 I’m glad to know I’m not the only one with a longer engagement! We haven’t planned out anything yet though but we’ll get to it eventually… We decided to wait because we are currently in a LDR for another 2 yrs so, once we are reunited we will get married! and hopefully on our 10th year anniversary!!! Nice to meet you all : )

Post # 10
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2016 - Caesars Palace, Las Vegas

I’m a March 2016 bride to be! We got engaged in Las Vegas almost three years ago and waited for a few different reasons but have finally set the date and now I’ve been consumed by the planning! lol We are actually getting married on our 6 year anniversary.

I haven’t purchased anything yet but we know we are getting married in Vegas on March 18th, 2016 at Caesars and having an in-suite reception afterwards. I’ve been searching wedding dresses online but haven’t gone to try any on yet. I will probably go in a few months to really start looking.

That is really the extent of my definitely plans so far. Hoping to order Save the Date magnets at the end of the year to send out sometime in the first half of 2015 (a little early but with it being a destination, we want to ensure everyone is aware of the date and our website).

Super excited though! Love just looking through everyone’s posts and suggestions. So much fun!

Post # 11
30 posts
Newbee

Hi everyone. Im a July 2016 bride! weve been engaged just a year. Wanted a long engagement as we have just bouggt and moved into out our house. We we wanted to get the house all sorted. 

I have started planning and I know what I want. On a few other post people have said its to earky to get my dress. But I’ve tried my fair few dresses on and know exactly what I want, so why wait? What do you all think? 

im a UK bride. I have two adult bridesmaids (one being maid of honour) two teenage bridesmaids and two flower girls. My wedding colour is lemon. ( yellow has always been my favourite colour) 

im so excited!! Good luck with all your planning!! 

Post # 13
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Planning on June 26, 2016 wedding day!  Technically, still waiting for my proposal and ring but I am expecting it over the holidays.  He wanted it to be a surprise but I know it will be sooner rather than later so I impatiently wait. Lol. We have a venue selected as well as a caterer and a general idea of guest list, budget and theme. I have two very close friends who have gifted me DJ  and photography services so those are settled too. We need time to save up as I have 2 kids and we are paying for everything ourselves  and I am not putting any deposits until we are officially engaged. Samshoney…I am also trying hard to lose at least 100 lbs before I head down the aisle. Maybe we can be motivation buddies? I am doing WW too! Looking forward to planning and getting to know you ladies!

Post # 14
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

I am a may 2016 bride… Wow you ladies have made a lot of plans so far!!! I feel so behind. I have visted one venue. I have a photographer and am taking engagment pictures in feburary. We have been together for 18 months and got engaged 3 months ago. He is turning 28 I am turning 23. Our proposal was a suprise in the sense of which he was ready to get married way sooner than I could have expected. I am in school full time and am half attempting to start applying to med school so its going to be hard to do both.

Wedding colors are black and white with pink roses (bunched together) and it is a black tie affair. Living in south Florida many venues are outside…it is humid here so that isn’t going to happen. 

My mother has bought her dress however. She’s now on the look out for a dress for the reception….

I need to start getting serious about planning!!!

Post # 15
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

Either a September or November 2016 bride here 🙂

He is finishing his PhD program this year (graduating in May 2015) and applying to numerous jobs – so we want that extra year of stability as we move/rent/buy a plan together 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors