2016 Brides… Post Here!!!!

posted 2 years ago in May 2016
Post # 3
776 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

I’m an October 2016 bride. Hoping for October 15th! I’ve been engaged for about a month. I’m going to let the holidays pass and then book our church and hall in the new year!

Post # 4
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2016 - The Fox Hollow

Horray for 2016 Brides!  And Long Island Brides!! I’m getting married at Fox Hollow in Woodbury.  We’ve been engaged for just over a year now and still have 646 days to go! We have our venue, church, photographer, videographer, DJ, and hotel block booked so far.  Next up, flowers!! We’ve been getting unbelieable deals by booking so early! Happy planning!! Also @kayyy727 check out liweddings  forums with all li brides =)

Post # 6
776 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

kayyy727:  I’d like to! Unfortunately my FI’s parents are out of the country until the new year, and I know FMIL would like to be a part of it so I’m waiting for her to get back!

Post # 8
1234 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

We’ve been engaged about a month and are in the process of deciding on a venue for a March 2016 wedding. I’ll be so happy to finalize the venue/date by the end of this year. <br />Next on the agenda: I’m dress shopping for the first time this weekend, and our engagement shoot is January 2! How exciting!<br /><br />Just curious what reactions everyone has been getting when telling people their wedding date? A lot of people I’ve told have been shocked and think that 2016 is super far away. Uh, no, it’s only a little over a year people! Am I crazy for not considering this a “long engagement”?

Post # 9
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2016 - The Fox Hollow

kayyy727:  we’re getting married at Christ the King in Commack.. My church I’ve always belonged to. 

Post # 10
1829 posts
Buzzing bee

kayyy727:  I’m a FEB2016 bride!! The 20th to be exact, we booked our venue last month.

We are starting to look at celebrants now, neither of us are religious so looking for a civil celebrant, but because we both want a traditional feel we are hoping to get a man. And apparently they book out quick! One we called up was actually already booked for our date, whaaaaat?!?! So our next few weekends will be meeting a few people.

Other than that we haven’t really done anything other than brainstorm and get ideas about what we want for decorations etc. I did go dress shopping the other week but mainly for fun. I’ll wait until after Christmas for that!

Post # 11
1829 posts
Buzzing bee

jelly3:  No one has said anything about how long our engagement is (will be around 18 months all up). I think it’s the perfect amount of time to plan anything. Most people where I am from are engaged for about the same amount of time. For example FIs best friend got engaged around the same time as we did and they are getting married 3 weeks after us. Longer engagements seem to be the norm here.

Post # 12
825 posts
Busy bee

May 21, 2016 here! Hopefully we get our boards soon so it’ll be SUPER official. I was originally a May 2015 bride but pushed the wedding back to complete my MBA and be a little more financially secure after the wedding. We’ll have been engaged 2 years and 9 months by the big day. So far we have:

– Venue Booked

– Photographer Booked

– Videographer Booked

– DJ Booked

– Colors Chosen

– Caterer Chosen

– Church and Officiant chosen but can’t book until January

Post # 13
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2016

October 2016…Possibly willing to move to November. 

We just got engaged on November 8th and have thus far began researching local venues and emailing them for details. We are getting married in Atlanta and are hoping to have Venue booked early Spring and then go from there. Our colors have been discussed and will be more than likely black, gold, and an accent color such as emerald or a dark cranberry. 

Post # 14
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Fox Hill Inn

May 20 2016 bride here!!! So excited for all of us 2016 brides! actually a few people have made comments about waiting that long but most people are fine with it.  So far we only have our venue booked, working on booking my photographer now. Dont plan on shopping for dresses until spring next year. 

Post # 15
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2016

I’m a 2016 bride! April 30th to be exact. I’m sooo excited, but I still feel like it’s so far away!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors