2017 BRIDES!!

posted 2 years ago in July 2017
Post # 3
303 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - Golf Course

Congrats! 🙂 I’m 7.11.15, but the time will fly by for you!

Post # 5
414 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017 - Country Cottage and Gardens

Finally another 2017 bride! We got engaged December of last year. We’ve been together since 2006, so a long time, but I’ve always known that I wanted to wait until we were settled down. He was in the Army for the first three years and then we both moved to Columbus, OH in order to get our undergrad degrees. Then we moved again, to Orlando, in order for him to start grad school and I did an Americorps service year. Now I’m starting grad school myself which means yet another move to Boston. So it was a pretty easy decision to wait until I graduate, which is May 2016. So I might end up going with a date in 2016 but that’s only if we do a fall wedding. I’m leaning toward fall or spring so either Fall 2016 or Spring 2017. But he works in collegiate athletics so the fall isn’t really a great time for him with college football. So likely Spring. I’m trying to resist the urge to plan too much because so much can change in that amount of time. I’ve only started looking at venues since hopefully their prices/availability will help me pinpoint a date. 

What about you? 

Post # 7
414 posts
Helper bee

AussieBride2017:  Are you doing your engagement party now or closer to the date? I have a few friends and a sister that will be in mine and my FI has a few friends that he’s known since elementary school. I’m remaining open to meeting people when I start grad school that I may become close with over the two years of the program. I’m trying not to set anything in stone beyond the venue and date because I’m sensing I won’t want to wait that long if I do. But finances are definitely a motivator for me too. It’s nice to have that long to save! 

Post # 9
414 posts
Helper bee

I will likely do something small closer to the wedding. Since I’m in Orlando now and moving to Boston in less than two weeks (!) I’m not sure when I’ll be home again long enough to have the party. And since I’ve met people Im inviting to the wedding in all the places I’ve lived and now they’ve even moved to different areas, I don’t want to ask them to travel to an engagement party and then to the wedding too. So I’ll probably do a party closer to the date and only invite the people who live in my hometown. 

Post # 11
1907 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: TBD

Engaged on 7/30/2014 and “planning” for a May 26, 2017 wedding! Im glad im not the only 2017 bride on here! I finish school this may, but FI has 4 more years after I finish (hes going to grad school) We chose a long engagement because it made more sense, but we don’t want to wait til he’s completely done with school because that’s just too long and I think id go crazy! 

Post # 12
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I’m not a 2017 bride, but I had a two year engagement. Ladies, it will be the longest wait of your life and by the time you get to where I’m at (16 days until the wedding) you are more than ready for this wedding to be over with already. I just want to be married and after 2 years of waiting, its about damn time lol. 🙂 Congratulations on you engagement!! And don’t forget to plan a honeymoon for right after the wedding because you’re going to need it! (I’m really glad my fiance and I are taking our honeymoon right away. We leave the very next day, and will be in paradise for 10 days!)

Post # 13
414 posts
Helper bee

krislynn_sd:  Where are you going for your honeymoon? Right now I’d really like to do Iceland or Italy. I’ve seen some comments about Iceland on here and Italy seems really pretty. I really want to plan a cross country road trip (Boston to CA) the summer after I graduate since I think that may be my last chance to take off that sort of time until I retire. But I don’t think I’d want to do that as the honeymoon.

Post # 14
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

LauraR:  We’ll be going to Florida for a couple nights and then sail off to the Bahama’s for three days, two nights, then back to Florida again for a couple more days. Then homeward bound 🙂

Post # 15
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

October 2017 bride here! Engaged for a few months so far. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors