(Closed) 2018 Brides…What's Left??

posted 2 months ago in Weddingbee
Post # 2
314 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

Mine is May 2018! Next on the list is our engagement shoot in June, appointment to find Bridesmaid dresses, and find an offiiciant!

Post # 3
444 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2018

Mine isn’t until December 2018 so I still have tons to do. We’ve booked the venue and I’ve narrowed down my photographer and MUA. The rest is still in planning, but with 18 months to go, I’m not too worried yet.

Post # 4
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

Just got engaged but we decided to get married on our 7th anniversary in June 2018. So… I have EVERYTHING left to do and not a clue where to start! Never been involved in a wedding before and barely remember the one I went to when I was 8. 

Post # 5
444 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2018

darkwater67 : Since you know the date you want, start looking for a venue. Once you have that, you can start booking everything else. I googled free wedding planning spreadsheets until I found one I liked to use for tracking bookings, potential vendors, etc. Websites like “A Practical Wedding” and “The Offbeat Bride” can be helpful.

Post # 6
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2018

bippidyboppidyboo :  I’m impressed that’s all you have left! Mine is January 2018 and so far I have the venue, caterer, DJ, officiant, photographer, makeup artist, Save the Dates sent, invites ordered, ordered my dress, and asked the bridal party. Still so much to do! 

Post # 7
1566 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

I’m April 14th 2018. 

I have linens. DJ song list. Jewlery. Shoes. Need to make invites. Find the rest of my platters for the dessert bar. Pretty much just the random little things. 

Everything big is booked and done. 

Post # 8
152 posts
Blushing bee

I am June 2018, and I have everything still to do. I hired a wedding planner who is currently gathering a list of venues based on what we’d like, but there is one place we already really enjoy, but haven’t booked because we are waiting. 

I already know the city (destination wedding), the guest list, picked out save the dates, have some ideas for decor, know that we want a dj instead of a quarter or live band, picked out some music, and a color palette, and I am baking my own cakes (I make wedding cakes for a living) but there is so much more still. Our wedding planner package basically allows us to just say yes or no, and to essentially just show up. So hopefully that makes it easier. Oh! I also already ordered a wedding dress, and we spoke to our bridesmaids and groomsmen. 

Post # 9
266 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

I am Aug 2018. It’s a destination wedding and then an additional home reception! It’s starting to feel like 2 weddings! The only thing I’ve done is booked the wedding planner and venue for Croatia. Chose the photographer and chose the boats to take us to the island where we’re getting married. 

We have provisionally booked a date for the home reception and we meet the venue co ord this weekend. 

Other than that just ordered STDs. I am so anxious to get going and plan!!!!!!  

Post # 10
429 posts
Helper bee

bippidyboppidyboo : 

Hotel Block and transportation,

Find a dress, engagment shoot,

Website,

DIY decor,

Flowers,

Cake, 

Make Play list

Invites

And on and on and on.  Thank goodness I still have a year!

Post # 11
492 posts
Helper bee

I have 346 days (the Knot app counts down).

I have done:

• Budget
  • Rough invitation list
  • Venue
  • Photographer
  • Officiant
  • Florist chosen but not officially hired
  • Consult with Month of Coordinator

I have to do:

• Everything else

I still haven’t chosen colors which means I’m holding off on a lot of the decorative things. I thought I had chosen, but then FI went from “whatever you love, that thing sounds good” to “I absolutely hate that color.” So, new pinterest board needed.

Post # 12
418 posts
Helper bee

dannij8918 :  I’m June 2018 in Greece! All I’ve done is book wedding planner and venue as well. I need to book photographer soon. I’m about to send out STDs. I’m not having an at home reception because I just don’t want to deal with planning two events. Good luck to you! Are you Croatian?

Post # 13
101 posts
Blushing bee

344 days to go. Had to cut our guest list and now might have to change ceremony locations because the area has flood damage and they removed the gazebo 🙁  ugh.

Whats done:
DJ, Limo, Officiant & photographer booked
Decor is mostly done
Dress is ordered
Colours & bridal party are picked

To Do:

Invitations and save the dates are on standby to order once we figure out our ceremony location
Find a florist
Order cake
Book Hair & Makeup
Finish decor
All the other little things…not feeling very accomplished

Post # 14
266 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

kristin36890 :  Greece wow! Which part of Greece are you getting married in? I love Greece lots! 

Im not Croatian. I am from the UK. We spent 10 days in Croatia last year and fell in love with Dubrovnik. We’re getting married on a tiny island called Lokrum in the monastery. It’s only 5 mins off shore in the boat. It’s been used in scenes in Game Of Thrones but that’s not why we chose it. 

Youre so right about the stress of the two events! The home event it more stressful than Croatia!!!!

The topic ‘2018 Brides…What's Left??’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors