(Closed) 2018 Brides…What's Left??

posted 2 months ago in Weddingbee
Post # 16
84 posts
Worker bee

Private ceremony here.  Just have ceremony venue, officiant, and my boquet (it’s a ribbon flower/brooch one) done.  Ordered one of my w-bands and picked the other.  Still have to get all of our clothes, figure out who is doing what in the family, get a reception dinner planned at a restaurant, get FI’s wband picked and ordered.  Even though we’re just going to a restaurant for a dinner I’d still like to DIY some decor, at least center pieces for our table.  And I’ve want to get gifts for MOB, FOB, FMIL, FFIL.  And anything else I find out I need.  

Post # 17
108 posts
Blushing bee

dannij8918 :  OMG you are getting married on Lokrum!! I went to Croatia last year and absolutely loved it!! I had no idea they did weddings there! I was looking at possibly having a destination wedding in Spain – but never thought of Croatia! 

Can you please tell me how much it is costing? If you don’t mind and how many people you are having? Thank you!

Also as for what is left for 2018 brides? EVERYTHING! We haven’t even picked a country to wed in yet lol 🙂

Post # 18
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I feel like Everything is left to do lol. I have my photographer, DJ, Limo and officiant booked, and may have found a florist. Need to put deposit on the cake, finish decorations and invitations, book hair and makeup trials, pickup dress. Baby brain is not helping right now.

Post # 19
266 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

stephf22 :  how amazing is Lokrum?!?! Cost wise it totally depends what you want. We’re having the ceremony on Lokrum (30 ish guests) and then having our reception on the palm terrace in the Excelsior. There are lots of sites that will help you plan Ionian Weddings are good and they will put a package together and give you a quote. It varies massively depending what you want and where you want the reception etc. We chose The excelsior as it’s one of the few places that you can have exclusively and have music outside. PM me if you need any more info x 

Post # 20
266 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

bippidyboppidyboo :  I feel so behind! We’ve booked the venue, photographer and officiant so far.

Post # 21
65 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

June 2018 here.  Have most of my vendors picked out, but can’t nail any of them down besides the wedding planner since I am having a lot of trouble with the venue.

Post # 22
372 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

I’m 4/8/18.

We have:

– venue booked (includes all the food, drinks, alcohol, tables, chairs, linens, ceremony space/chairs, wedding cake, and some decor)

– officiant (groom’s best friend is officiating for free!)

– photographer booked

– bridal party chosen

– honeymoon booked (St. Lucia!)

– hair/makeup booked

– flowers booked

Next to do:

– wedding dress shopping

– order/send save the dates

– register

– bridesmaid dress shopping

Still have a lot to do, but the big stuff is done.

Post # 23
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

October 2018 bride here!

What’s been sorterd so far:

• Ceremony and reception venue
  • Caterer
  • Celebrant
  • Photographer
  • Videographer
  • Hair & make up trial
  • Wedding dess
  • Bridal party chosen

What’s left to do… everything else! I want to decide on the DJ and colour scheme pretty soon so I can book the florist, then the big items are out of the way!

Post # 25
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2017

March 2018 bride here! So far I’ve got:

Venue & Ceremony Room

Humanist Registrar

Dress & Bridesmaids dresses ordered

Flowers / Cake (being done by midwives I work with)

Photographer / Band / Ceremony music / DJ

Hair & Make booked 

I’m deciding on invites at the minute, one of the groomsmen is a graphic designer so is doing them as a gift to us. Suits and rings I’ll do in a couple of months. Not bothering with favours as we’ve booked a photo booth instead. Think thats all the main things sorted, feel like Im forgetting loads!

Post # 26
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

I’m September 2018 – so far we have the venue, DJ, celebrant (FI’s aunt) and photographer.

A lot more to do but starting dress shopping this weekend and looking to book wedding night accommodation and the honeymoon soon. I’ve also picked out which wedding band i want but I still need to order it next year probably.

Post # 27
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: Melbourne, Australia

mrsgtobe2018 :  I’m impressed you have that much done LOL! I’m in a bit of a panic because ours is Feb 3, and I’m completely unorganised due to some super untimely health issues. So far I only have the reception venue, DJ, Catering and Bridal Party confirmed. And invite list is finalised but THAT’S IT eeeek!

I’ll try to design Save The Dates this weekend and then I guess celebrant, photographer and makeup are next on the list. Oh yeah and the DRESS!!! Yikes..Good luck planning bees!

The topic ‘2018 Brides…What's Left??’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors