(Closed) 2/09/13

posted 6 years ago in February 2013
Post # 3
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I’m DIYing my save the dates now. I plan on sending them out sometime middle of next month which is about 6 1/2 months out. Then I’ll have some time to DIY my invites which will go out 3-4 months prior to our Feb wedding. So far we’ve got the venue, caterer, dj, bartenders, DOC, photographer, and a ton of DIY ideas!! I’m trying my hardest to get the most done now so I can just coast into our wedding. How about you?

Post # 4
457 posts
Helper bee

@ssilva1: We have our venue, dj, photographer, caterer, almost ready to book a florist, looking at dresses again in two weeks.  Most likely ordering the save the dates in the next week or two and hopefully have them out beginning of July. What about you?

@txlolo:  Congrats on having so much done already and all the DIY stuff!  Doesn’t it feel great knowing most of it is taken care of already?  Less stress. 

Post # 5
349 posts
Helper bee

@ssilva1 we are date twins. 🙂

You all have soo much done already! We just confirmed our ceremony venue (and found out it will be FREE!!!!!!) We have a band sorted and are looking at reception venues, photographers, and celebrants at the moment.

We only got engaged 3.5 weeks ago though so I don’t feel like I’m doing too badly.

I have just finished designing our save-the-dates. We will hopefully have them sent out by the beginning of july and then we will send our invites out 2-3 months before the wedding. If we send them out any earlier than that I worry that people might forget about it.

When does everyone plan on getting dresses?

Post # 6
457 posts
Helper bee

@PrincessConsuelaBananaHammock:  That’s awesome about your venue being free!!  Definitely doing great for being 3.5 weeks in. 🙂  Congratulations on your engagement.  I’m hoping when I go shopping on June 24th I’ll find my dress.. but we’ll see. Keeping my fingers crossed.  You?

Post # 8
457 posts
Helper bee

@ssilva1:  That’s awesome your venue includes center pieces.  Yeah, we’re working on finding a florist now or at least getting one that matches with our budget.  We got lucky with the dj/band.  My guy is a musician.. so he’s having some of his friend plays at the wedding and my uncle and his friend are dj’ing the other part.  🙂 

Post # 9
115 posts
Blushing bee

Oh! (smack against forehead) How could I forget that I got my DRESS!!??? Duh…it’s hanging in the closet (bought it off the rack) and I love to look longingly at it sometimes…I’m such a dork! On another note, for some reason, I’m having a hard time finding a florist. All the quotes that I have been getting (for minimal flowers, since I’m not into flowers much) have been over $2K! Blah! I’m seriously considering ordering them through Sam’s Club, having them delivered a few days before, and me and my girls have a big ole flower/wine party the night before the wedding.

I think we are all on track though! Better to get the big stuff outta the way quick and then we can focus on the other stuff!

Post # 10
457 posts
Helper bee

@txlolo:  Share a picture of your dress.  I’m totally with you on getting the big stuff out of the way now.  We got a proposal for $1800 on flowers and we aren’t having a lot either so I think I’ve worked around getting that down a few hundred by cutting certain things.  Let’s hope it works out.  Going the Sam’s Club way would be nice but do you really want to focus on doing the flowers the night before your wedding?  Don’t get me wrong flowers and wine sounds amazing. lol.  I was thinking about doing that myself but when it came down to it… I thought I’ll let someone else deal with it so I’m not stressing over it. 

Post # 12
457 posts
Helper bee

@ssilva1:  Yes, we’re getting married in Baltimore.  Let me know what you think of that florist. 

Post # 13
115 posts
Blushing bee

Here she is! I’ve lost about 5 lbs since then and toned up some so I think it looks much better now than when I got it 2 months ago…this cell pic doesn’t do it justice! Do you have yours yet?

And the detail of the flower…not sure if I’ll wear it here though or in the back since it’s detachable

Post # 14
115 posts
Blushing bee

Wow! Sorry it’s so big…not sure how to resize that!

Post # 15
457 posts
Helper bee

@txlolo:  LOVE IT!  You looks great!!  Where did you get it?  I swear I have a print out of one very similar at David’s Bridal that I want to try on.  I haven’t purchased my dress yet.  I tried on a few at JCrew a few weeks ago.  But I have an appointment at David’s Bridal next Sunday.  I’m soo excited.  I’m dying to try this dress on.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Strapless-Tulle-Ball-Gown-with-Beaded-Belt-CPK440

I really hope i like it on my body. keeping my fingers crossed that I find a dress there. 

Post # 16
115 posts
Blushing bee

@libanez:  You will definately have to post pics when you have your try ons! That was a fun part, but whoo, what a work out!

I had been browsing through hundreds of dress sites online and just kept coming back to this one. So I made an appointment through a local salon that I knew carried it. When I went in I tried on tons and saved this one for last. I even *almost* fell in love with another dress…but when I put this one on I just knew. I didn’t cry or anything, but I was just so excited and couldn’t stop smiling! Now I have to figure out what accessories to wear with it.

I love to look at other bride-to-bes try ons since I will not allow myself to try another gown so definately post yours!!!

The topic ‘2/09/13’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors