(Closed) 21 and paying for the wedding all on our own, where to look for cheap reception?

posted 5 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
5967 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2018

Historical buildings owned by the county can be rented at reasonable prices, any social club building, like the elks or the masons rent out well and smaller bed and breakfasts usually will make a deal.  Also if there are public gardens, arboretums or wineries, those do well too…good luck!

Post # 4
506 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@bbywedding:  public parks,cultural center,rec centers,church fellowship halls,college campuses ballroom/grand halls, non-fancy resturants party rooms.

You’d also do well to research less popular months/days for weddings in your locale to get the best deals.

Post # 5
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@bbywedding is there a nice rec center in your area that you can rent?? Im only having 70 guest and I reneted a rec center in my area for only $200 for 6 hours. Its a blank space and they only provide chairs and tables but Im going to spice it up with decor. I would suggest looking into a nice rec center.

Post # 6
6351 posts
Bee Keeper

VFW, church halls and elks clubs are usually fairly decent.

Post # 7
4786 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2019

You could try a restaurant with a private room! 

Post # 8
2281 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

State and national parks don’t permit alcohol, but are otherwise great for weddings, and very affordable. Historic sites are also great.  

Post # 10
190 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Being in Maine, there may be vacation homes/cabins you could rent for the weekend and get the grounds.  This would give you and the wedding party a place to stay and will keep the budget down b/c you’ll have more time to prep, etc.

Post # 11
990 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I would say a church because in our area it was pretty cheap. but it was still 1k. however perhaps a protestant spot would be cheaper, it depends on the area. Ours is in a wealthier part of town so ik is really cheap and the diocese helps decide the cost…. when you knock out a big bro influence you may find a church is cheaper. Also the public parks are pretty cheap too. there are normally shelters you can reserve

Post # 12
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@piacavoleKt:  +1 parks have shelters, rent for 200-300 normally

Post # 13
2 posts
  • Wedding: June 2013

We are doing our reception at a Polish hall. Most “Halls” are really cheap. Mine will only be $175 including a bartender and we get $50 of that back after we clean it up. 

Good luck =)

Post # 14
161 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@mepayne:  +1 

Definitely look at restaurants! FH and I found a restaurant that offers a ceremony AND reception site, and it’s going to cost us less than $1000 for our ceremony and a 40 person brunch reception!

The topic ‘21 and paying for the wedding all on our own, where to look for cheap reception?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors