(Closed) 21 day sugar cleanse

posted 5 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
377 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Like you are not going to eat sugar for 21 days?? If so, you will feel amazing. Stuff yourself with leafy greens instead and get ready for your skin to glow and energy to shoot through the roof!Laughing

Post # 4
195 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Ooh I’m interested in hearing more – what made you decide to do it?

Post # 5
1122 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Tell us more! I’d love to hear about it.

Post # 7
2269 posts
Buzzing bee

I haven’t done a ‘sugar cleanse’ but I stay away from sugar as much as possible.

Honestly, once you’ve seen the difference being sugar-free makes in your life – hair, nails, weight, energy levels, skin, sleep patterns etc. – I think you’ll want to make it a permanant change.

Post # 9
785 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Jamergurl921:  Please do!  I’m interested to hear how it goes.  Could you post what you are eating too because my mind is drawing a blank at what I would eat besides chicken and veggies for every single meal.

Post # 10
6207 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

I’ll do it with you if you want a buddy! I’ve been thinking lately that I eat too much sugar and want to cut down. 

Post # 11
1311 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

The only sugar I eat is in fruits and whatever factories sneak in breads etc…

First week was hard, then it got better 🙂

Post # 12
6207 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

@cali_cat:  You can eat beans with herbs, quinoa salads, any kind of meat with herbs/spices chopped with veggies and made into lettuce wraps, frittatas, tomato salads, roasted veggies, veggies with unsweetened nut butters as snacks, I’ll think of more!

Post # 15
9234 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

FI and I are currently about 10 days into the South Beach diet – the first two weeks requires no sugar (not even fruit), no grains, no starchy vegetables, no alcohol, no high-fat dairy.  It hasn’t been that hard and I feel great!  (And I lost 5 pounds, only starting at 5’5″ 126 lbs).

I have a crazy sweet tooth, so I do drink herbal tea with skim milk and a splash of sugar-free vanilla syrup every day.  It’s soooo good and fulfills the craving.  

Post # 16
9234 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

@cali_cat:  

@Jamergurl921:  We’ve mostly been eating grilled meat and roasted veggies.  But, we’ve had a few fairly decadent, really satisfying, but still low-carb/sugarfree meals: 

– “lasagna” with zuccinni instead of noodles, no-sugar-added tomato sauce, low-fat ricotta, and low-fat mozz.  Tastes like lasagna without all the carbs.  YUM!

– mashed cauliflower with a little plain greek yogurt, chives, and garlic.  Tastes just like mashed potatoes and is SO good!

– cauliflower-crust pizza (google the recipe) – was quite pizza-like and super satisfying.

The topic ‘21 day sugar cleanse’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors