(Closed) 21 days to go, and it is Not a good day

posted 6 years ago in October 2011
Post # 3
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@DiyBlondie: I’m sorry you are dealing with all of this… congrats on your 5 yrs of being sober… but if you are allowing alcohol at your wedding and a majority will be drinking how will the support be different then your bachelorette party?

Post # 4
3182 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@DiyBlondie: I’m sorry your friends and family didn’t respect your wishes!  I can understand being okay with alcohol being at the wedding but not the bachelorette.  You would think your friends and family would be more supportive.  

Post # 5
6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

Im very sorry…that sounds awfully unfair and insensitive.

The bachelorette is totally for the Bride, while the wedding caters not only to the couple but also the guests.

Bravo for being sober 5 years! Thats a great accomplishment.

Post # 7
3148 posts
Sugar bee

@DiyBlondie: I was under the assumption that sober friends would also be with you at the bach party since you are close to them = support.  Friends are the ones that usually attend bach party, so it was confusing.  Couldn’t you invite a couple sober friends to you party, wouldn’t that be nice in general?

Post # 9
4804 posts
Honey bee

That’s too bad ๐Ÿ™  They should have either not had alcohol or invited your sober friends.

I can see how the bachelorette party is cancelled but you said they pulled out of your wedding?  That seems like major overreaction for something that is essentially their fault.

Post # 10
4804 posts
Honey bee

Sorry double post – my dog stepped on my keyboard!

Post # 11
941 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Blah.  ๐Ÿ™  I’m sorry that your friends didn’t respect your very reasonable wish.  It’s awesome that you’ve been able to maintain sobriety for so long, and I’m sorry that your friends aren’t acknowledging how awesome that is.

It sucks when you get close to your wedding and hit bumps along the way that make things feel not so good.  

Though this is probably so much easier said than done, I hope that you’re able to focus on the positive things coming up and the people who are supporting you.  And, since you have people dropping out over dumb things, I hope you can put less attention towards them and really redirect your attention to the people who are supporting you in the ways you need.

I hope too that if a bachlorette party is rearranged, it’s one that is created with your wishes in mind.

Post # 13
4755 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Hmmm how did they put together a “sober sex toy party” WITH alcohol…?

Congrats on 5 years… good accomplishment. BUT, this is going to be a regular problem you’ll encounter many more times in the future though. Being in situations where you’re the only one not drinking (or 1 of just a few…) Not saying I agree with “them” on this. I’m just thinking that perhaps you’d have to look at this as “practice” being in social situation where there is booze, and being the only one or one of a few who isn’t drinking.

Though, it’s odd they dropped out because you said you’re not attending, there’s more to the story how this went down.

Post # 14
2158 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’m so sorry that happened ๐Ÿ™  I wish your family and friends could be more supportive for you!

The topic ‘21 days to go, and it is Not a good day’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors