(Closed) 2:1 grooms man/ bridesmaid ratio??

posted 8 years ago in Bridesmaids
  • poll: Do I need four bridesmaids for the sake of symmetry?
    Add two of your hottest place fillers........The pics will be awesome ;- : (2 votes)
    18 %
    Appearances aren't everything........ : (9 votes)
    82 %
  • Post # 3
    5655 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2011

I think that’s totally up to you. I’m just a “tad” ocd so I would definitely want it to be even

I wouldn’t pick someone that isn’t close to you unless you want to.

I think your photog should be able to arrange ya’ll in the photos so that it doen’t “look” lopsided

Ultimately you just need to have complete resolve…. which way will you have the most settled/peace about it 😉

Post # 4
    311 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

I wouldn’t want a place filler.  Exactly like you said, when you are looking at pictures 20 years down the line, are you even going to remember who they are?  People that are your bridesmaids should be there to stand up for you because you love each other, not just to take pretty pictures.  That’s JMO. 

Post # 5
    2634 posts
    Sugar bee

I’d leave it as in. Your sides don’t HAVE to be even.

Post # 6
    277 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

What was the point in mentioning how hot these two placeholders would be in your wedding photos? Are you looking to make a full page spread?? Haha.

Okay sarcasm aside, do what you want, but I honestly do not mind only having 2 girls while Fiance has 4 guys. They are my best friends, and I wouldn’t want to ask someone just to have the right numbers.

Post # 7
    167 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

At my sister’s wedding, there were four groomsmen and two bridesmaids. Since most of the wedding party was mutal friends of both the bride and the groom, they put two guys and one girl on each side (I was on my sister’s side, and the groom’s brother was on his side; we were the only ones that “needed” to be on certain sides). It looked fine in the pictures.

The topic ‘2:1 grooms man/ bridesmaid ratio??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors