22 DPO, CD 42, 2 BFN

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
11668 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Yes it is possible. Some women don’t get positives on a HPT. 

Have you tried testing with a FRER with FMU?

good luck!

Post # 4
4511 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

It’s a possibility. But also, there is NO WAY your phone can tell when you’ve ovulated without knowing temps and CM. Some people have very erratic cycles, and it is simply impossible to foretell when ovulation will happen until it already has. So you could have simply not ovulated yet. When you say “I usually have 33 day cycles,” for long have you been keeping track? (off BC?) How many cycles are you basing that on?

ETA: the cramping and spotting could possibly have been from ovulation. Take another test.

Post # 7
11668 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@kmx0x:  first response early result with first morning urine 🙂

Post # 8
3360 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I responded on your other thread, but I say test again.  If you ovulated when you had cramping and spotting CD19-21 (which is entirely possible), it was too soon to get an accurate result when you tested.  Get a First Response Early Result test (widely considered to be the most accurate) and test either with first morning urine, or hold your urine for 4 hours (and drink as little as possible so that it’s concentrated) and test then if you don’t want to wait till tomorrow.

Post # 9
3032 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Although I agree you should test tomorrow like PP, I also wonder if you ovulated- or maybe for various reasons ovulated late.  You could use a HPT and also a OPK, they are typically sold in the same aisle (diff is to use afternoon urine.)  While it wont’ tell you when you O’d, if it comes up + or faintly + then you might have just O’d and thus won’t know if you are KU for another 10 days+

Post # 12
3360 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@kmx0x:  I don’t know what your GP will suggest, but I’ll just say that it really doesn’t matter was cycle day you are on – it matters how many days past ovulation you are.  Typically, it seems like home pregnancy tests are accurate around 12-14DPO – some women get positives at 8 or 9 DPO, but not many.  If you did ovulate late, though, you may have only been 5 or 6 DPO when you tested – far too early for a test to be accurate, as HCG won’t show up in your urine until a couple days after implantation.

Either way, let us know!  And good luck!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors