(Closed) 22 months out and booked reception and ceremony venue, PLUS photographer!

posted 9 years ago in May 2011
Post # 3
1481 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

We got engaged last July 2008 and our wedding is this coming April…2010. We booked our venue right away…maybe a month later after the engagement…but we are so glad we did. We got last yrs prices and we found out at the taste testing from another couple that just got engaged and this yrs prices have doubled! We would have never been able to afford the price if that was the case for us. But we booked it before the economy took a nose dive….and they say its getting better so do you think next yrs prices may be better??? I dont know.

Post # 4
2682 posts
Sugar bee

I didnt book mine that far out, our venue and photographer was booked about 15 months out but its good youre getting a head start on things.  If you really love the place you wont have regrets (and stop looking at other places!) 🙂

Post # 5
853 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

that’s fantastic! just stop looking at things once you’ve booked them, you’ll be fine.

Post # 6
4480 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch

WOW that’s early! We booked the venue 15 months in advance and I have *lots* of depositor’s remorse… I mean, the place is beeeeeeaaaaaautiful and I love it but sometimes I wish I’d looked around more to find a less expensive place. But if you’re able to lock in better prices, and if you’re really committed to the style you’ve started here, then it’s AWESOME to have such important stuff done so far in advance. 😉

Post # 7
Bee
13843 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2009 - Barr Mansion

That’s great that you’ve got those details nailed down.  But now I would take a break and just start getting some inspiration from everywhere.  Just don’t make any major decisions yet because 22 months is a LONG time and you will almost certainly change your mind about something.

Post # 8
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I agree with miss mouse. Take a break from making moves and just draw some inspiration together. You may be changing your mind more than you anticipate on the more specific details. Also, now that you have those vendors booked stop looking at alternatives so you wont get booking remorse.

Post # 9
2324 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2018

That’s really far in advance! I would change my mind a million times before the actual day. We booked our venue about 14 months out…last week. They don’t book dates longer then 18 months out, so they’re still pretty open for my month. I agree with Miss Mouse too and I would keep your planning on just looking around the blogs for awhile. You don’t want to find something and want to change it!

Post # 10
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

You’re smart is what you are!  We did the same thing…booked in 2008 for our 2010 wedding, and get to lock in at those 2008 prices.  I am so happy we did that.  It’s definitley one of the benefits of having a long engagement!

Post # 11
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I would say that once you book vendors (caterers, site, photographers, etc.), just stop looking so you don’t get regret!

Post # 13
452 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

awesome! never too early!

Post # 14
1980 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I agree- I think if you stop looking at other stuff, you’ll do just fine. I’m not even engaged yet and I already know exactly what venue we will use– because I’ve been thinking about it forever!

Post # 15
10218 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

congrats on booking you venue and photographer!!! i say relax now and gather ideas etc about invites, the theme and decor of your wedding and the like, so that you won’t have remorse.

Post # 16
599 posts
Busy bee

I am a Dec 2011 bride and am in the same boat. Trying to book the reception/ceremony venue and caterer this fall so that I can take advantage of the prices before they increase. I know it is super early but I am finding great deals!

The topic ‘22 months out and booked reception and ceremony venue, PLUS photographer!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors