23 days until the wedding and my dress isn't in…

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
415 posts
Helper bee

You are lucky. I ordered mine in Jan and it came in end of a Aug! (At the time I was supposed to get married Oct 3) They told me they could do rush alterations but it would be an extra charge. I was told they’ve done alterations in a night.  Don’t fret. Just make sure you can get time off for trips to the dress shop.

Post # 4
3896 posts
Honey bee

I know this probably doesn’t help but I am sure it will turn up in time. My friends wedding dress went AWOL and 3 days before the wedding she was still waiting for it. It all worked out ok in the end. Best of luck.

Post # 5
57 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Good luck, keep positive. It will come in, in time

Post # 6
2264 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Mangomosa:  Whoa. In this situation, I totally recommend wine. Lots of wine.

If you’re working in a bridal shop do you have any pull? Could you get the new dress that you love in time? Would it need crazy alterations? 

Post # 8
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I’m sure it’ll turn up! I ordered mine in December and it was ready two weeks ago. I get married in two weeks!  I was told that they can hem the dress in one day if need be.

I understand your anxiety but I’m sure it’ll come!

edit: I picked up my dress last night so that was exactly two weeks before I fly off to my DW.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  .
Post # 11
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

Mangomosa:  Ask for a refund and buy online, use two-day shipping and have it altered locally if it worries you so much. They’re being very unprofessional. If they aren’t meeting the terms of their agreement, I think you have every right to ask for a refund.

Post # 12
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Mangomosa:  I’m glad to hear your dress is finally here! What a relief! I had the same feeling/angst because it’s not i could pick up my dress at the last minute as it’s a destination wedding. Two weeks before is better late than never.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors