'23 Things to Do Instead of Getting Engaged When You're 23'

posted 3 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 4
9204 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2018

I think that has been discussed before in a couple of threads 🙂 Can’t find the links though sorry

Post # 5
4483 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

So because she isn’t ready, no one possibly can be? Ok then

Post # 6
2687 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Ketchum, ID

@Laurenplusalex:  +1

If I see this posted one more time on any social media site, I will literally scream at my computer. I’ve seen it at least 20 times. 

Post # 7
1002 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Omg. I’ve seen this discussed a million times now.

Post # 9
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I don’t really see why so many people think your life is over when you are married. I know plenty of married couples who still travel and do all kinds of things. I think they are mixing up marriage with children. It will be much more difficult to travel when you have kids.

Post # 10
1952 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Just because you get married doesn’t mean your life is over. You can still do things. I’m 21 and have done quite a few of the things on this list. I’ve been married for 3 months and I feel like my life has just begun.

Post # 11
393 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

because everything on the internet is true…..

probably the dumbest thing ive read

Post # 12
2576 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@lealorali:  I saw one of these lists recently, but it was called “30 things to do before you turn 30.” I stopped reading when either the first or second item said to go to an airport, pick a destination, buy a ticket and just go there. Right, b/c we all have so much disposable income and time to do just that…

Post # 13
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I don’t think I need to sleep around with a bunch of different people before I get married. I am graduating post secondary school before getting married and entering the “real world” with my best friend! If I stayed single I would be staying around my home town for sometime, he is actually GIVING me the opportunity to travel and see different parts of the country. I dislike this article because it limits itself to a one sided argument. I agree with PP, marrige DOES NOT equal death or stagnant existence. It can mean growth, adventure, love and an amazing partner to share your experiences with! 

Post # 14
348 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - Lake Anna Winery

I’m 21 and married to my best friend and love of my life. I hate those articles that are blanketed to everyone in that age category. Not everyone has had the same life experiences and some people are more mature than others. I’d rather enjoy my life with the person I want to be with forever than by myself.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors