(Closed) 2/4 bridesmaids won’t return my calls!!!

posted 8 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
191 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’m so sorry you are dealing with this, it’s definitely not fair for them to put this on you so close to the wedding! If you know they are talking to other people on facebook I might just post on their wall so other people can see, and say hey, hope you’re okay, I called you but I haven’t heard back and was worried. I was calling to remind you that the dress still needs to be picked up and there isn’t much time to get it altered so hopefully you can go pick it up in the next day or two.”

Hopefully it will make them slightly embarassed that other people realize they have been being rude and they might get their butts in gear. It’s not the best advice but it seems like you’ve tried really hard to contact them and they are just being really rude. I hope they get this sorted out soon! Good luck!

Post # 4
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I hear ya. I initially had 5 BM’s, one being a friend and the other 4 are cousins. They all agreed to pay for their own dress, and price wasn’t a big deal as long as they could make payments. Well 2/5 have already paid half down and the lady at the store said that they couldn’t order them until everyone had paid their half. When the other 3 hear about the price of the dress (188.00) they flip out and say thats too much to spend on a dress..I even heard that one said to my aunt she could care less if she was in my wedding or not…which hurt my feelings a bit…so I kicked her out.

Anywho, I agree that your Bridesmaid or Best Man is being very rude ignoring every possible mean of contact you are trying. If I were you, I would go to her house. What could she do then? Hide?

Post # 6
1995 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

This sucks, so much stress.  If all else fails – they won’t get to stand up with you.  Pretty simple.  If they don’t have a dress, they can’t participate.   I know you wouldn’t want this at all, but that’s probably the worst case scenario.  They’ll get to be guests, have to still pay the bill for the dress – hope you havent given them gifts yet!

Post # 8
790 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

That is completley awful. 1 of my 4 bridesmaids rarely returns calls also. But my wedding is 3 months out I can’t imagine 18 days out and still having these problems. I am glad you replaced her. You need people around you who will support you on your wedding day not be self absorbed.

Post # 9
573 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

That’s terrible! Why is it that the wedding process reveals these problem friendships? You’ll be starting a new chapter in your life on your wedding day, and hopefully one that includes your supportive family and your true friends.

The topic ‘2/4 bridesmaids won’t return my calls!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors