24 weeks and getting kicked in the ribs constantly!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
370 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Cory_loves_this_girl:  When baby girl starts to kick in an uncomfortable place, I have someone feel my stomach. She oddly stops kicking when someone other than me and DH tries to feel her! (it’s weird)

That, or a I stand up and go for a walk.

Post # 4
2270 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

@Cory_loves_this_girl:  My sister would gently bounce on one of those big workout balls you see in the gym (or some people use them as chairs).  She said if she would raise her arms in the hair, and gently bounce for a few minutes, it would help settle the baby into a more comfortable position.

Post # 7
259 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@Cory_loves_this_girl:  I wish I had some advice. But I am 33 weeks, with bub measuring 2 weeks ahead since 21 weeks and my bub does the same thing! Mainly on my right side and it is SO painful! I usually try to poke bub away from my ribs, but it usually results in more kicks – cheeky little one!

Post # 8
5697 posts
Bee Keeper

@Miss Grey:  isn’t this the weirdest thing! Ive never been pg but have felt many prego bellies and I swear they know which hand is momma’s and which isn’t!

Post # 9
664 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Miss Grey:  Haha. That’s a great solution. Mine stops kicking too when somebody else touches it. I think I’d feel weird asking someone to touch my belly though.

Post # 10
1311 posts
Bumble bee

@Cory_loves_this_girl:  i’m 34 weeks now and sorry to say, it just gets worse. You can be glad that your babe is head down though!

I highly recommend spinningbabies.com for reading about positions you can do to maximize your comfort and encourage a good position, and yes the advice about the fitness ball is good. I sit on ours a lot.

just wait for when the elbows get started! haha…

Post # 12
662 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I will be 30 weeks on (this Tuesday, 8/6) and my little guy has been breech and lying sidForgot for what pretty much the whole pregnancy.   I am convinced that he is facing my back and all of the movement I feel is very low in front…..Except for the occasional kick that jolts me in what feels like my rectum.  Lol. It’s the strangest feeling ever–I think I’d almost rather a kick to the ribs!  Lol

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors